• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that working well?

It may, and costs less than 3 bucks.

Rikod, that collection is epic. I now need 6319 and Antique cognac. Your saddle theresianers are nearly identical to my new cognac:

Fiddler

Reaction score

So, a photo wearing the shoes. As can be seen the lacing is fully closed with an extra insole. Funny is that the right shoe is not totally closed even though my right foot is the smaller one.

What's your advice? Change them for a size smaller or keep as is?
This looks fine to me. I don't see the lacing being fully closed as being a bad thing...unless it's some sort of style issue?? I would say as long as your feet aren't sliding around in them and if there isn't a hell of a lot of spare room after where your toes end, it wouldn't be a bad thing to keep them.

I once bought a pair of derbys in size 43 by mistake (I am size 42). I put in an Ecco insole of size 44 and they fit me really nice and snug now.

Last edited:

Swede66

Reaction score

This looks fine to me. I don't see the lacing being fully closed as being a bad thing...unless it's some sort of style issue??  I would say as long as your feet aren't sliding around in them and if there isn't a hell of a lot of spare room after where your toes end, it wouldn't be a bad thing to keep them. 

I once bought a pair of derbys in size 43 by mistake (I am size 42). I put in an Ecco insole of size 44 and they fit me really nice and snug now.

From a style perspective it is nice the smaller the gap. But, to my experience the leather stretches somewhat when you wear in the shoe. Since it is already fully closed despite an extra insole I'm afraid to have problems at a later stage.
There is the opportunity to return them and have them exchanged for a smaller size. The only thing is that I have to wait another 5-6 weeks to start wearing them...

Swede66

Reaction score

This looks fine to me. I don't see the lacing being fully closed as being a bad thing...unless it's some sort of style issue??  I would say as long as your feet aren't sliding around in them and if there isn't a hell of a lot of spare room after where your toes end, it wouldn't be a bad thing to keep them. 

From a style perspective it is nicer the smaller the gap. But, to my experience the leather stretches somewhat when you wear in the shoe. Since it is already fully closed despite an extra insole I'm afraid to have problems at a later stage.
There is the opportunity to return them and have them exchanged for a smaller size. The only thing is that I have to wait another 5-6 weeks to start wearing them...

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Swede, you already know the correct answer to your problem yourself, you only need to bring yourself to invest the time and shipping costs. :)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think I can't wear any of them for the next few days because I broke 2 fingers in my left foot yesterday, but I enjoyed cleaning a couple of them and taking some pics this fine sunday morning.

This group all in the F last

6319 Cognac calf

Black calf

Oxblood Calf

Black calf

Antique Cognac calf

Dark suede

Saddle cordovan

Bordeaux cordovan

Whiskey cordovan

Hope this help someone undecided :D

I like everything about this first one. How do you describe the cap? I've see u-cap used, which seems like a good name, though I don't know if it is correct.

I also like the dark suede that others have commented on. I'm intrigued by the austerity brogue as a concept.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^And wow! What a cake.
1f633.png
Were you carful cutting into it just in case it contained an actual pair of Vass?

Happy birthday, sir.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moo you need to send the pictures of your cake to Rezso!
What a fantastic present!

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Hope this help someone undecided
biggrin.gif
I like everything about this first one. How do you describe the cap? I've see u-cap used, which seems like a good name, though I don't know if it is correct.

I also like the dark suede that others have commented on. I'm intrigued by the austerity brogue as a concept.

I am trying to get a similar toe cap on a pair for my next order, Rezso referenced a model called the 'weymouth'. Not sure how much help it will be, but I hope it helps you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads