• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nephew,
well worth the wait

Oh yes uncle, I'm happy with that whiskey PTB, it's a beautiful shoo, here it is.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh yes uncle, I'm happy with that whiskey PTB, it's a beautiful shoo, here it is.

nephew,
looks good, have whiskey made there maiden voyage

kashmir

Reaction score
how's 3636 compared to budapest last? Will a boot design look good in either of these two last? they seem to use these lasts more for the low-cut shoes, while the boots are either F, P2, or U.. save for that one budapest boot image from this site loong time ago

Fiddler

Reaction score

Wonderful...the best things are the simplest....is that P2 Last? I might have to do this but in that wonderful Saddle shade.

Any more details to share?

Does the welt style have a particular name? And is that a double leather sole. Since Vass now offers Dainite sole, that would make a nice option for wet weather. I recently got a pair of mine (not Vass) shod at the shoe healer and what a great job they did. I hope one day Vass will offer the Ridgeway sole too.

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easy to comprehend?

Dear Mr. Kuti,

please don't worry. I am very sorry for this misunderstanding myself.
In the meantime I was able to try on the shoes and I think they are half a size too big for myself.
What EU size are they?

The style I am looking for looks like the left shoe in the attachement of this email.
Last: F
Leather: Boxcalf
Color: Black
Size: Half a size smaller than the pair I received
Sole: Single leather

Can you confirm the information I sent to you?

Wish you, your family and everybody at Vass a merry christmas!

Louis XIV

Fiddler

Reaction score
Easy to comprehend?

Dear Mr. Kuti,

please don't worry. I am very sorry for this misunderstanding myself.
In the meantime I was able to try on the shoes and I think they are half a size too big for myself.
What EU size are they?

The style I am looking for looks like the left shoe in the attachement of this email.

Please see the attached picture...this is the EXACT shoe design I want. (Also ask him to confirm if it's possible)
I ask you to follow these details:

Size: Half a size smaller than the pair I received (I would state a number here)

Wish you, your family and everybody at Vass a merry christmas! (Is this necessary?)

Louis XIV

PS. I think your picture has the potential to be misunderstood....can't you crop out the other two shoes...why give them reason to make a mistake?

Also, and I can't stress this enough, tell him not to ship the new shoes to you until he has sent you detailed pix of the new product and you have given him the go-ahead to ship them.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do these shoes compare to Lobb/CJ in terms of price?

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Vass offer trees in half sizes?
The trees in the shoes I received say 41.
As I ordered UK6.5 and there is no additional sizing information on the shoes I don't know whether they are 40.5 or 41.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I ordered UK6.5 and there is no additional sizing information on the shoes I don't know whether they are 40.5 or 41.

They do not. They also will not fit trees larger than shoe size. I ordered a 44.5 pair and received a pair of 44 trees.

Also, why not just specify you want model 62 in black boxcalf? It is the model shown in your pictures, and there would be no confusion on either end as to what the shoe would look like.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your help is much appreciated!
This is a valuable experience for me.

Also, why not just specify you want model 62 in black boxcalf? It is the model shown in your pictures, and there would be no confusion on either end as to what the shoe would look like.

It is not, 62 has a heel counter.

Dear Mr. Kuti,

thank you for your understanding.

Please see attached pictures, they are the exact shoe design I want.

I ask you to follow these details:
Size: 40.5
Eyelets: 5

Please do not ship the shoes on completion, but send me a picture of them first.
I will give you an affirmation to ship.

I wish you a merry christmas!
Louis XIV

Last edited:

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do have a pair of half size tree from Vass, however it is not the norm.
I wear UK7 in EG & G&G and Vass 41, so I think 41 will be too large for you.

Fiddler

Reaction score

If Vass is printing European sizes on their trees, that should tell you that this is the sizing convention they work with...so why give them a UK sizing and allow them the opportunity to convert wrongly. For me, UK6.5 is US7 is Eu size 40.

It's best you pick up the phone and talk to the guy tomorrow. It's a small inconvenience for your piece of mind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads