• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Green derbies are marvelous.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fiddler, thanks a lot for sharing your impressions with Vass.
I have not yet received my own pair of Vass, but this is due to myself waiting for a new bank card, while Vass is already present in producing my shoes.
Thus of course I can not comment on the fit for myself or the quality of construction, but I cannot agree more on the ease of dealing with Mr. Kuti.
He always came back to me promptly and being an English second-language speaker like myself, all his emails were plain, friendly and had an answer to all of my questions.
So far an absolute pleasure and recommendation from my side.

Very brave of yourself to go for two pairs of unknown lasts on your first order.
Great choice on the styles and leathers, they both look absolutely gorgeous.
Wear them in good health!

sdolina

Reaction score
Very nice shoes Fiddler, wear in good health!

I just received my Vass boots and can confirm that the direct deal with Vass went very smooth.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clean lines
8203794466_7e2a36b83b.jpg

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vass 3-Eyelet Derby in Oil Green Boxcalf on the F-Last, Single Sole with natural edge trim, Size 42, a PERFECT fit for my US9D feet:
I love the softness, substance and suppleness of this leather...it has to be touched to be believed. Oil green is (to me) a fantastic hue.

If only I could justify another pair of green shoes. :embar: Me Lurv!

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, after weeks of waiting and listening to reports on how Vass can be a minefield in terms of sizing unless you go through a proxy (not only was this said to me by a proxy but also by a proxy of the proxy LOL), the results are in and they speak for themselves.

Vass 3-Eyelet Derby in Oil Green Boxcalf on the F-Last, Single Sole with natural edge trim, Size 42, a PERFECT fit for my US9D feet:
I love the softness, substance and suppleness of this leather...it has to be touched to be believed. Oil green is (to me) a fantastic hue.

Next up:

Loafer in Whiskey Shell Cordovan on the New Peter Last, single sole, size 42...once again, the fit is perfectly fine. I will say, though, that New Peter Last is a tad roomier than FLast although it is not glaringly felt. I may or may not wear these with a thin insole.

My overall impression of dealing with Vass, payment transfers, Reszo Kuti and the overall ease of transacting...easily a 9 on 10. I will say though that I did not micromanage the design of the shoe...just picked the style, the colour and last and left the artistic details to them...I do not trust myself too much to meddle in shoe construction.

Am I keeping these shoes? Hell, yeah.

Cheers

They look great Fiddler, congratulations!, glad everything went fine.

sdolina

Reaction score
Whiskey shell, New Peter last, double leather sole with metal toes, goyser sewing, enjoy gents:

Have to say although the deal went smooth, and I even received a pictures of my boots before shipping, at home I found that Rezso finally forgot to add a medium arch suuport like on my monks, and a factory rubber topy - idea was to wer these when wet, that's why the goyser added.
Okay, can live with it.

Last edited:

sdolina

Reaction score
Have to say New Peter last fits me better than F-last sme size, and it's almost the most comfortable last from all my shoes/boots so far.
Some comparisons:

Crockett is a bit narrow in a toe part

Carmina is a bit wide

sm31

Reaction score
^
Can you say more about the difference between the P2 and the Carmina Forest?

Last edited:

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ +1. I've got a slightly wide foot and normally take a 10.5. Would I be a 43.5 in Vass?

Those boots are most excellent. I must grab a pair.

Does Vass do a more traditional Barbour welt, or just a goyser?

Also, anyone know how the banana last fits compared to the P2?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads