• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK so I'm now looking to get my first pair of Vass namely something like these below. Whats the best way to do this as reading through this thread it seems a minefield both pricewise and delivery !!! Any constructive advice would be gratefully received :nodding:
I have a pair of those, also bought from Sartoriale. If you need MTO proxied, I recommend kolecho, he's destroyed my wallet many times.
Thanks for that, now sizing UK6.5 Med width is ????????

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kev, the model you want is called a French Oxford.I would recommend a 41.i bought the boot version when i was there this week and had to size up from a 41.5 to 42 as its in the U-last.Fits me perfectly,I would post some pics for you tomorrow.

If you want to proxy, I have a friend in Budapest who is 10 mins away from Vass.Mr Vass knows him and has met him and he gives good sizing advise.He will proxy it for USD600 and accepts Paypal.Plus he brings sketches of your feet and discusses it with the sales manager there.

I saw a navy version and it was drool worthy :slayer:

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kev, the model you want is called a French Oxford.I would recommend a 41.i bought the boot version when i was there this week and had to size up from a 41.5 to 42 as its in the U-last.Fits me perfectly,I would post some pics for you tomorrow.

If you want to proxy, I have a friend in Budapest who is 10 mins away from Vass.Mr Vass knows him and has met him and he gives good sizing advise.He will proxy it for USD600 and accepts Paypal.Plus he brings sketches of your feet and discusses it with the sales manager there.

I saw a navy version and it was drool worthy :slayer:

Many many thanks for that !

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It seems like they are both on 3636 last, can anyone comment?
Saved pics from here

This is likely P2. The toe appears to be longer and narrower at the end than on 3636.

Last edited:

Jakezero

Reaction score
I've been in touch with Rezső today inquiring about a potential order. Turns out that they've temporarily suspended the production of cordovan boots, bummer.

Jakezero

Reaction score

Did he state a reason?

Unfortunately not. I guess that it might have something to do with the availability of cordovan since it's only temporary. Then again, he did say that they were still making cordovan shoes. In any case, I sent him another email asking if the stop was just for high boots or if it applied to ankle boots as well. It's a shame in any case, I want a pair of the austerity brogue boots that Pikachoo posted earlier in the thread.

sdolina

Reaction score
Unfortunately not. I guess that it might have something to do with the availability of cordovan since it's only temporary. Then again, he did say that they were still making cordovan shoes. In any case, I sent him another email asking if the stop was just for high boots or if it applied to ankle boots as well. It's a shame in any case, I want a pair of the austerity brogue boots that Pikachoo posted earlier in the thread.

I've been lucky enough to place an order on the same boot as you are reffering to with some makeup, whiskey shell*.
That was 3 weeks ago.

*That was a choce between saddle, whiskey and cornac and Rezso stated that whiskey had the darkest shade.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice NAMOR! Coincidentally I also ordered a pair; however, calf, since I wanted to get the size right. Mine, black calf Austerity wingtip with a curvy thing on the side:
8103866394_9fe88e1a96.jpg

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice NAMOR! Coincidentally I also ordered a pair; however, calf, since I wanted to get the size right. Mine, black calf Austerity wingtip with a curvy thing on the side:
8103866394_9fe88e1a96.jpg
Learn your technical terms man, that is a curvy thingy. I would have thought that by now you would have learned a little something around here. You are such a dissapointment to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads