The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

great balance of last and sole thickness.

i really dig them

single sole on these ones, i only got for the guido look on shell not calf![​IMG]

2. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Senior member

One thing I don't like about Vass is that the soles are so thick and protrude from the front of the shoe so much that they make the otherwise elegant shape of the shoe look clunky and unrefined. If they could do something about the thickness and the front protrusion I'd be all over these shoes.

You have to specify "close cut sole" to avoid protruding soles and that is all. The clunky double-soles are all by special request if you don't ask for it VASS will make your shoes on a single sole.

3. Bellison

Bellison Senior member

How much is a pair of Vass shoes? RTW? Bespoke?

You have to specify "close cut sole" to avoid protruding soles and that is all. The clunky double-soles are all by special request if you don't ask for it VASS will make your shoes on a single sole.

4. BRIMSTONE

BRIMSTONE Well-Known Member

Does Vass make shoes in crocodile, Alligator, ostrich or lizard? [​IMG]

5. banis

banis Senior member

Does Vass make shoes in crocodile, Alligator, ostrich or lizard? [​IMG]

Yes, they do. Definetely on U and F lasts. Not sure about other lasts.

6. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

single sole on these ones, i only got for the guido look on shell not calf![​IMG]

i am not fond of single soles. they wear to hard for me. too uncomfortable and not flattering for my frame and the choice of clothes.

i like my custom made ones. they are nice. check the austro-hungarian topic for it. shoot, i forgot you'll get your paprika soon.

7. luk-cha

i am not fond of single soles. they wear to hard for me. too uncomfortable and not flattering for my frame and the choice of clothes.

i like my custom made ones. they are nice. check the austro-hungarian topic for it. shoot, i forgot you'll get your paprika soon.

yup all being well i shall!

this is one reason for some of us prefering HAF soles, thro perhaps in some of the pictures they might not look as sleek they doo add an extra diamension to sertain designs

8. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

F Last Brouged Cap Toe with Seamless Heel, a la EG's Berkley in Antique Congac Calf
    Those are freaking AWESOME. I might have to copy that design in suede one of these days.

9. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

yup all being well i shall!

this is one reason for some of us prefering HAF soles, thro perhaps in some of the pictures they might not look as sleek they doo add an extra diamension to sertain designs

my concern with the haf-sole, if there's any, is the silhouette. not that it is visible irl or from 5 feet away, but thinking how picky some fellows here are about lapel widths, cuff height, tie width... etc. i tend to wonder, why they "defend" it, as they would run for their life.

you've been so kind to tell me, that certain styles are only available in certain "combinations". prezz mentioned that single sole is standard for the vash. i really don't know due i'm not a vass expert.

i like them a lot and i think they are of great value. let's see if i can "shoot" a cordovan pair soon.

10. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

+1. That cap toe in suede would be sweet.

One thing I don't like about Vass is that the soles are so thick and protrude from the front of the shoe so much that they make the otherwise elegant shape of the shoe look clunky and unrefined. If they could do something about the thickness and the front protrusion I'd be all over these shoes.

That's what I like about Vass!

11. luk-cha

Those are freaking AWESOME. I might have to copy that design in suede one of these days.

DiTtO

my concern with the haf-sole, if there's any, is the silhouette. not that it is visible irl or from 5 feet away, but thinking how picky some fellows here are about lapel widths, cuff height, tie width... etc. i tend to wonder, why they "defend" it, as they would run for their life.

you've been so kind to tell me, that certain styles are only available in certain "combinations". prezz mentioned that single sole is standard for the vash. i really don't know due i'm not a vass expert.

i like them a lot and i think they are of great value. let's see if i can "shoot" a cordovan pair soon.

yes you should really get a shell pair the 3636 last is calling you - there is no differerence in terms of how each of the soles wear, just the HAF is a little stiffer in the begining

+1. That cap toe in suede would be sweet.

That's what I like about Vass!

+1 i also do it on my G&G bespokes too

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

yes you should really get a shell pair the 3636 last is calling you - there is no differerence in terms of how each of the soles wear, just the HAF is a little stiffer in the begining.

would go for the budapester, assumed they fit. that's their signature and hard to get by, by someone else. the "3636", i can get anyday through op...

i didn't think of the wear, though there was a complaint around, nvm. it's the balance of heel to sole. simply f....d up - damn the i-gents [​IMG]

13. luk-cha

would go for the budapester, assumed they fit. that's their signature and hard to get by, by someone else. the "3636", i can get anyday through op...

i didn't think of the wear, though there was a complaint around, nvm. it's the balance of heel to sole. simply f....d up - damn the i-gents [​IMG]

[​IMG]

here's something to wet your taste bud's then!!

14. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

[​IMG]

here's something to wet your taste bud's then!!

not sure if i want the 360 welt...

15. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Senior member

agree. Very nice.