• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone potentially be interested in these F last 43.5 boots for $495? I got them last Winter and wore them a handful of times, but am contemplating replacing them on the Budapest last. No worries either way.

IMG_2274.jpg

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do you think going to Budapest is the best option for placing an order?
Do you know/ recommend which hotels are close to the Vass shop?

well it's not the worst. btw, you can take advantage of a 10% discount paying cash - HUF or Euro.

one of the oldest houses in Budapest is the Hotel Gellért.

aragon765

Reaction score

I would think going to Budapest and trying things on and seeing them in person is tough to beat. From what I understand Budapest is also a beautiful and fun city.

+1

I had the good fortune to be in Budapest for a wedding this summer, and stopped by the Vass shop to try on and pick up a pair... Definitely a great experience, but make sure you are assisted by the young (early 40ish) sales manager, and not either of the females that work there. We were by a coup,e of times during the time we were there, and the experience was much, much better dealing with him.

The city is also great - there are a couple other shoe retailers/makers near Vass that are also worth checking out...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would think going to Budapest and trying things on and seeing them in person is tough to beat. From what I understand Budapest is also a beautiful and fun city.

i hope, i can refresh in about a months time...

oOLeg3ndaryOo

Reaction score
Unfortunately no abroad adventures on this MTO, however, I believe this was discussed in an earlier portion of this thread. I know I have heard it was more cost effective to fly Budapest get fitted and enjoy the city pleasures with money to spare. It also depends on where you are flying from.

oOLeg3ndaryOo

Reaction score
Would anyone potentially be interested in these F last 43.5 boots for $495? I got them last Winter and wore them a handful of times, but am contemplating replacing them on the Budapest last. No worries either way.
Why not keep both
mwink[1].gif
? They look exactly like mine without the captoe and puncholes.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

IMG_2274.jpg

Great price

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Slew, what is your US size? Nice shoes, btw.

Thanks and basically a US 10.5, but on the slightly bigger side of 10.5 if anything.

If anyone has any questions about these boots above though please PM me as I don't want to clog up the thread by any means.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Unfortunately no abroad adventures on this MTO, however, I believe this was discussed in an earlier portion of this thread. I know I have heard it was more cost effective to fly Budapest get fitted and enjoy the city pleasures with money to spare.
It also depends on where you are flying from.

sure thing

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I placed it through Vass's direct contact line, but if you ever decide to visit Budapest, here is a link to Shoesnobs synopsis. http://the-shoe-snob.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-trip-to-laszlo-vass.html

great report from justin. I exchanged a few pm's with him. he's a nice guy.

a little blasphemic input:

as much as I love Vass, as an Austrian I'm always torn with the extensive offer from Viennese shoemakers, which are flying under the sf radar. keep the faith.

additional, I have a sweet spot for discovering small workshops on the countryside and other projects with heart and soul. so many options to chose from...

ps: English shoes don't do it for me. no way.

JensenH

Reaction score

Do you know/ recommend which hotels are close to the Vass shop?

No recommendation on hotels. But if you go to Budapest, be sure to attend an opera (around 70 USD for the best seats) at the Hungarian Opera House which is smaller but more ornate than the Vienna one. You can also soak your traveler's weariness away at either the Gellert thermal bath or the one at the park.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads