• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. Curious as to how many of us here own the book. :)

How many have a book with an autograph of the author?:nodding::foo::embar:/Bi-WInniNg, tiger-blood.

Xenon

Reaction score

Anyone who owns a pair should get a copy.

Actually anyone who loves shoes should get it. A nice easy read..

That book combined with MarcelHun (sp?) youtube videos are perfect primers for seeding the desire to own hand welted shoes.

Verniza

Reaction score

Actually anyone who loves shoes should get it. A nice easy read..
That book combined with MarcelHun (sp?) youtube videos are perfect primers for seeding the desire to own hand welted shoes.

Sounds very dangerous for the wallet.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds very dangerous for the wallet.

Indeed - but Vass shoes are not more expensive than many shoes of lesser construction quality.

I'll admit to being fascinated with minutia. I find myself picking this book up over and over again. I especially appreciate how thoroughly it covers all aspects of the process from leather production/tanning to finishing.

About the only thing not covered is what to feed the cows.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Indeed - but Vass shoes are not more expensive than many shoes of lesser construction quality.
I'll admit to being fascinated with minutia. I find myself picking this book up over and over again. I especially appreciate how thoroughly it covers all aspects of the process from leather production/tanning to finishing.
About the only thing not covered is what to feed the cows.

Or horses

JensenH

Reaction score

which pair? the wingtip you posted is incredible. its no surprise its a window display model. wow!

As I already have several pairs of gator/croc shoes (not Vass) I wanted the wingtip in burgundy shell or calf. But they had very few burgundy shoes in stock.

At least you received a response

Perhaps my experience is atypical, but prior to my trip, I emailed them and received prompt and friendly response.

MeowMeow

Reaction score
Fritzl help me out here, but I think the general though is that all Vass shoes should have double sole, goyser stiching preferably in the off-yellow coloring. Also F U K lasts are not allowed on this site

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F U K lasts are not allowed on this site

crazy.gif
What is happening?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fritzl help me out here, but I think the general though is that all Vass shoes should have double sole, goyser stiching preferably in the off-yellow coloring. Also F U K lasts are not allowed on this site

that's life...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads