• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying a new lens and learning, I've posted these many times before, one of my favorites, pardon the indulgence

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sure:
1) no, i haven't.
2)i don't know yet.
3) dito
as i said, i had a reliable source(can reveal via pm) and it sounded like the transition is in progress. the opening of the new store is another indicator, imo.
if you ask me, the gyw versus handwelted discussion has taken place several times and everyone made his conclusions. imo, it's more a loss for the craft and can probably be a gain for the brand as the serial production eliminates inconsistencies. atm, it's a bit reading the coffee ground.
i expect a meanwhile international brand like vass to communicate with their customer base and the retailers, when the time is ripe.

I presume they will continue to offer hand welted shoes as well.
I can't imagine that they would give up the handmade craft entirely. After all, it is key to their current success. And they obviously have a team of craftsmen who have the skills.
I can respect the businessman's desire to grow financially. I just hope they add on to what they have without destroying it. I don't even own a pair yet. :embar:

order soon then :D. Honestly, honestly that is not important for me, i just don't care one way or the other.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

order soon then :D. Honestly, honestly that is not important for me, i just don't care one way or the other.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I care either. I just want to be able to have the first hand experience and to see for myself the difference.

Your new camera is obviously working for you. Hope to see more quality photos of your excellent collection.

Last edited:

Xenon

Reaction score

G is me and the source is very reliable.
i know the number for shoe trees is around 2500 - 3000 per anno. do the math.

Well that explains why they need to move to goodyear. You can't grow a business on these numbers.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I care either. I just want to be able to have the first hand experience and to see for myself the difference.
Your new camera is obviously working for you. Hope to see more quality photos of your excellent collection.

Thank you very much!, very kind

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most likely (if the rumor has any truth to it) VASS will make machine made shoes at a lower price point and raise the prices for hand made shoes. I do not see any other way for VASS to proceed with Goodyear.

thecentennial

Reaction score

what can be the motivation for this question?

Fritzl, I've ordered a pair that are due to be completed on the 25th June. I have my annual leave on the 1st July. Would like (LOVE) to bring them with me.

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, for one, intend to start panic buying.

I can see the headlines 'Hungarian economy bounces - i-gent rush on hand-welted shoes'

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I, for one, intend to start panic buying.  

I can see the headlines 'Hungarian economy bounces -   i-gent rush on hand-welted shoes' 

:lol:

Probably all too true.

The panic on StyFo is bound to build into a feeding frenzy. You can bet the hand welted models are going to get marked up.

MeowMeow

Reaction score
I just called Vass. Price for a stock chukka $420 Euro and MTO $640 Euro

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads