1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Saratorial_Splender

Saratorial_Splender Senior member

IMHO, Go for bespoke if you can.
    It is a very different shoe when its made for you. RTW and MTO are made based on average measurements and fit.
    So, If you can swing it, opt for bespoke, if not MTO is a close second.

2. grendel

grendel Senior member

gyasih, is that the dark brown calf? Anyone have real-life pics of antique cognac vs. dark cognac vs. dark brown?

3. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Oxblood, there are better color pictures of this model on here.

4. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

The F last fits me nicely but I have always wanted to try bespoke and I was told Vass is quite reasonably priced. Also found out the shop is like 10 mins away from where I am staying so that would be great.

5. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

kashiwa, if you're looking for the most authentic, true Norwegians, you will have to buy them from Norway. Aurlandskoen still makes them, I don't know about the quality, though. Their models have strong, beefy rolls.

http://www.mamut.net/aurlandskoenno/shop/

6. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

WTF? Spam!

7. Notch

Notch Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hi everybody!

I visited the Vass shop last Wednesday, let me talk you about my experience.

I had an appointment with the sales manager, he told me Lazslo Vass would also be there but unfortunately he had to go to a museum opening (of his own art, he has a massive collection I'm told). His daugther was there however and was very friendly also! In total there were about 4/5 salespeople and lots of people going in and out of the store.

I brought a box of chocolates since I'm from Belgium, and the sales manager and Eva Vass both were extremely friendly (not because of the chocolates, it was not my first visit and they're always friendly). I got a drink and we talke almost 2 hours about nothing but shoes, and how Mr. Vass sees the future of its company. My feet got measured on a previous visit, but I still have not decided which shoes I like the best for my akward (very wide) feet. I think I will go with a custom made F or 3636 last.

Vass is a very growing company with lots of potential, they want to employ more craftsmen but therefore they first have to create more demand the sales manager told me.

I got asked by a Styleforum member to take pictures of boots, which I did. I also took a picture of their belts, they have two types of belts (narrow belts, 2,8cm in width, for formal wear, and wider belts, 4cm in width, to wear with a more casual outfit such as jeans or chinos).

Anyways, enjoy the pictures! I'm sorry I could not get any more, but as I said, I talked with the sales manager for 2 hours and nearly missed my plain back!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
    2 people like this.
  8. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

Thanks Tom. Sounds as if you had a great visit. Thanks for the snaps of the boots. The double monk boot and tall Norweger are interesting.

9. Notch

Notch Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Forgot to mention that they are also experimenting with new colors, such as green and red suede...

Also, for anyone going to Budapest, I can recommend the Corinthia hotel, top notch hotel!!

10. Francisco

Francisco Senior member

Wow... I'm sure my dream tonight will be swimming in a pool of Vass shoes....

11. Saratorial_Splender

Saratorial_Splender Senior member

OK. I am crtain that I will make a trip to Budapest very soon. This is very addictive and wonderfull stuff. Great pictures by the way. Many interesting variation on leathers and colors.

1 person likes this.
  12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Thanks Tom, great pics, fantastic collection

13. grendel

grendel Senior member

Wow, those are gorgeous. Thanks Tom!

14. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

Great pics Tom, I was there just now too. The sales assistant was extremely friendly. I'm meeting Mr Vass tomorrow but I think you took almost the same pictures I took! Did you get anything from Vass? I am getting 2 pairs tomorrow (one of them is the 3rd one from the left in Tom's picture below) from them. Also inquired about their MTO briefcase and was suprised to learn that they were reasonably priced.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Awesome photos, Tombrone! Glad the new store is working out well.

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

The double monks are titty licious

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I love how Vass uses speedhooks all the way to the bottom. Next country I visit will be Hungary as part of a Europe trip. Can't wait.

The norweger boot looks incredible. I wonder why I didn't order that

18. aon

aon Senior member

Is this a new store? When I was there April of this year, the store looked very simple:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. mimo

mimo Senior member

How much?

20. aragon765

aragon765 Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Yes, new location just up the street from the old (#11, iirc). It was open when I was there in July.