• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont remember who said that "Alt Wien on 3636" is the best Blucher around......and I certainly see why.

Last edited:

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Calm down there buddy - if you chose to read peoples comments, people who have likely have 10 to 20x more experience with Vass than you do, then you would see that the "$50" remark was in reference to Ascot selling Vass shoe trees seperately on-line. No one is questioning the authenticity of your shoes which I'm sure you paid a pretty penny for.
You've been here a month - thanks for sharing the pics but please take the time to listen to those who came before you rather than get all defensive.

+1

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I dont remember who said that "Alt Wien on 3636" is the best Blucher around......and I certainly see why.

i prbly didn't say exactly this. imo, the classic styles budapester and wiener on their corresponding lasts are one of the finest examples in men's footwear.

wear them in good health.

aon

Reaction score
Currently in Budapest and I felt it will be a mortal sin not to visit Vass:

The chosen one: Oxblood, F Last, Old English II

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
love the trees.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Currently in Budapest and I felt it will be a mortal sin not to visit Vass:

The chosen one: Oxblood, F Last, Old English

beautiful, what a great choice. Congratulations!, like my 5 year old says "the best eva, awesome dude". When I order Vass again (God willing) I have to have those trees.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

When I order Vass again (God willing) I have to have those trees.

i imagine, they sell them seperatly.

for myself, i hope they come from where i want them to come.

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

beautiful, what a great choice. Congratulations!, like my 5 year old says "the best eva, awesome dude". When I order Vass again (God willing) I have to have those trees.

The three piece are 25 euros plus...

I like the F last, but much prefer the traditional Alt Wien and Budapest on 3636 as well as the budapester....
Vass is a class act on these traditional shoes and somehow I feel they dont do a on par job venturing to the Italian lasts/shoes..

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The three piece are 25 euros plus...
I like the F last, but much prefer the traditional Alt Wien and Budapest on 3636 as well as the budapester....
Vass is a class act on these traditional shoes and somehow I feel they dont do a on par job venturing to the Italian lasts/shoes..

SStomcat, I agree with you in general, love your choices, especially the alt wien, I love mine, my favorite right now as I said before, my london plain and hopefully soon a theresianer 3636, but if you feel they don't do a on par job on the F I will respectfully disagree with that, I feel its one of the greatest last ever, rounded and sleek but not as pointy ala G&G DG70, looks great, feels great. If an italian designed it (God bless him) of course is not a Vass traditional but I like modern designs too and Vass does it with class.

I have the Old English II posted by AON and is one of my favorite of all time, if I have to choose, I would throw my C&Js and G&Gs, Alden and Carmina to the garbage and keep that one.

IMGP0289.jpg

IMGP0286.jpg

Cheers

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

1. If an italian designed it (God bless him) of course is not a Vass traditional but I like modern designs too and Vass does it with class.

2. if I have to choose, I would throw my Alden to the garbage and keep that one.

IMGP0289.jpg

IMGP0286.jpg

Cheers

ad hoc:

1. it's been a corporation. the u last was initially designed upon request from isetan for the japanese market.

2. yes, please do a master cleanse and get rid of them :fistbump: you're soul must bee freed.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads