• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

different backs from three different makers: kiss, kiss, maftei full bespoke, istvan feher full bespoke
DSC_0125.jpg

:worship:

In addition to the uppers, the heal stacks are especially lovely, each showing their own personality and hand craftsmanship. I especially like the angled shape of the Maftei.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Different masters different strokes!...........

it's refreshing to see some interest for the craft and not to derail this thread, i'm not sure, if everyone is aware of this thread, which covers the austro-hungarian spectrum.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These lovely Vass in F last 43.5 are up for sale in case anyone's interested...if so just click on my sales thread in my signature.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why are you divesting?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why are you divesting?

My left is longer than my right and this particular pair just rubs against my left big toe a bunch unfortunately. Should fit a standard US 10.5 D pretty well.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, u should post some more shoes Fritzl, those things look amaaaazing.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn, u should post some more shoes Fritzl, those things look amaaaazing.

thanks, they are, indeed. i'll do it in the austro hungarian thread. imo, this is a place, where we can talk, discuss and exchange our experiences and anecdotes.

hope to see you there.

Last edited:

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This pair passed the comfort test. I walked miles and miles in NYC (I don't have to walk much where I live). I wear them during the morning and afternoon for 3 out of 5 days and they felt great. They came back a little rough up :)

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are serving their purpose well then. A little roughed up now and then is a good thing for a pair of rugged shell shoes. Treat 'em bad, REAL bad!

Those shoes are going to last pretty much forever. Clean them up well between sessions of abuse and they will be brilliant in a couple of years.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This pair...
...passed the comfort test. I walked miles and miles in NYC (I don't have to walk much where I live). I wear them during the morning and afternoon for 3 out of 5 days and they felt great. They came back a little rough up :)

is the range rover of shoes.

Last edited:

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are serving their purpose well then. A little roughed up now and then is a good thing for a pair of rugged shell shoes. Treat 'em bad, REAL bad!
Those shoes are going to last pretty much forever. Clean them up well between sessions of abuse and they will be brilliant in a couple of years.

Those are CXL.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are CXL.

Wow - looked like shell from the photo. But upon enlarging the image I can see for myself that the creases are not those of a shell shoe. sorry :embar: Oh well, CXL will look great all beat up too! :satisfied:

ltontheqt

Reaction score
I could use some advice on a potential MTO. I am thinking about having these boots made up: http://www.margoandralph.com/boutiquemargoandralph/product.php?id_product=268
My experience with Vass thus far is limited to the Budapester (a little tight) and the New Peter Last (better but might be slightly big). Boots are always a different animal and I tend to have room in the heel, although I can usually manage to wear. I'm wondering what last might work with these boots. I was told that the RTW model (which, sadly, is no longer available in the color I want) is on the U Last and that a 42 ought to fit. That's what I took in the shoes above. I don't want to make a mistake and eat the cost. Thoughts?

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are CXL.

Yes CXL, I'm treating the just like shell, just clean with a damp cloth and brush, nothing else yet.

thanks, yes they are, i wear them a lot mostly with jeans. these are my only pair of CXL, they are quite resistant to water and other liquids.

is the range rover of shoes.

Yes! :D

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes CXL, I'm treating the just like shell, just clean with a damp cloth and brush, nothing else yet.

according to the horween blog cxl is the method. you can treat either shell or calf this way. this is what i understood.

they need a repost in the other thread :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics