• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

bernoulli

Reaction score
Thank you. All shoes are the same size. I really can't tell the difference between the S and the U lasts (not that I looked at it carefully). In my view, all these shoes are versatile, and will see a lot of use. As I am more of a suits' guy, I can see the grey wholecuts seeing the most use (works with everything but brown and green suits in my view).

Wear them in good health. The Balmoral Oxford in suede/museum looks very versatile.
The difference between the S and U Lasts is hard to see -- from your pictures it looks as if the S Last is a bit more broader / squarer at the toe tip. You took the same size for both lasts?

monkey66

Reaction score
Unvaccined said:
Are those Alt English II? The stitching looks particular. Please tell something about the socks. They seem fantastic.
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Better if you hit reply then I get an alert.

These AFAIK are just Alt English. The socks are Amidé Hadelin.
It did cross my mind that these were from Ascot, not direct from Vass, might explain differences?

ThomGault

Reaction score
Vass just emailed a promo code HOLIDAY for 30-35% off "slippers and other popular styles" which apparently means 2 colors of Slipper III F, a Bordeaux R budapest, a walnut Alt English U, and a black single monk F. However, the code isn't even working for those models. Supposedly more models are added each day, so hopefully it applies to better stock soon.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass just emailed a promo code HOLIDAY for 30-35% off "slippers and other popular styles" which apparently means 2 colors of Slipper III F, a Bordeaux R budapest, a walnut Alt English U, and a black single monk F. However, the code isn't even working for those models. Supposedly more models are added each day, so hopefully it applies to better stock soon.
Holla if oxford cap toes on the F last are included. Preferably black and/or gold.

bernoulli

Reaction score
My first pair of Vass. At the time, I subscribed to the idea that it was preferable to have shoes in larger rather than small sizes, and that shoes should have no break-in period whatsoever. The result? My feet could make some money renting out all the extra space they got down there. I still enjoy wearing them, of course, but must live with the extra creasing from the original choice I made all those years ago.
IMG_8757.jpg

Webbo

Reaction score
Are these named by Vass as Oxblood? I am after a pair of F last OE 2s in oxblood but it seems the colour is not offered, now mainly museum shades only.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's the bordeaux museum. But I asked for the darkest possible part with as little mottling as possible. And I received a piece reminiscent of their old olxblood colour. The red only comes out under direct sunlight.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.