• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

wdrenth

Reaction score
dear all,

Herewith a few 'action' shots of my Vass Budapest Oxford in three museum calf variants (gold, walnut, dark brown) on the (in)famous U-last (I note the trousers a bit off, apologies for that).
Recap on sizing etc: my usual shoe size is EU42/UK8, for some brand 1/2 down. For the U-last I had considered sizing up (42.5), but based on some online reviews decided to go with my 'normal' size -- so no sizing up here for me. First there were some regrets, as the fit on my right foot was really tight and painful (left foot was good). Using a bit of Saphir's shoe-eze helped to solve the right problem (I don't know what nasty chemicals are in shoe-eze, but it works) and can wear these beauties all day now.

Clearly the right foot has more volume -- I hope that the largish 'V' will settle after a while
Vass_1.jpg

Nice profile and showing the three colours very well.
Vass_2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Unvaccined

Reaction score
Are those Alt English II? The stitching looks particular. Please tell something about the socks. They seem fantastic.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friends, on mobile so can't really search well. Can anyone show me the F last top down?

I am trying to understand the shape better. Thanks <3

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friends, on mobile so can't really search well. Can anyone show me the F last top down?

I am trying to understand the shape better. Thanks <3
Here you go. Wore these today.
IMG_20210712_080604_edit_681524089236630.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! It looks nice a bit like medium round and almond.

Is that walnut museum? Looks great nonetheless.
Yes, it's a round almond like last. One of my all time favorites together with G&G's GG06.

Fhe shoes are in walnut museum calf. The walnut has great character and depth. If you fancy a mid brown shoe, I'd definitely recommend it.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a round almond like last. One of my all time favorites together with G&G's GG06.

Fhe shoes are in walnut museum calf. The walnut has great character and depth. If you fancy a mid brown shoe, I'd definitely recommend it.
I have the dark brown museum and it doesn't really have any mottled effect, maybe I have to wear them more.

Thank you again they look superb!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the dark brown museum and it doesn't really have any mottled effect, maybe I have to wear them more.

Thank you again they look superb!
You're correct. I have them to. And the burgundy as well. None have the mottled effect like the walnut. They were delivered mottled.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass sale ends in two days. A heads up, guys: if there's a model you're interested in but would like to change colour or last, it's possible for a small additional fee of €16 excl. VAT. So, basically, you're getting a MTO Vass shoe for a heavily discounted price.

Last edited:

wdrenth

Reaction score
Vass sale ends in two days. A heads up, guys: if there's a model you're interested in but would like to change colour or last, it's possible for a small additional fee of €16 excl. VAT. So, basically, you're getting a MTO Vass shoe for a heavily discounted price.
Thanks for the heads up! Maybe a silly question, but how is that arranged? Simply sending an email to Vass, saying that I want to have Model X they now only have on Last A on Last B?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! Maybe a silly question, but how is that arranged? Simply sending an email to Vass, saying that I want to have Model X they now only have on Last A on Last B?
Write it in the comment section (please make a new pair for me on the X-last/in Y calf). They'll send you an invoice afterwards. That's what I was told anyways. Maybe shoot them an email to be safe.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.