• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this really walnut? I would have bet that this is gold museum. I am beginning to wonder whether the two colours are completely interchangeable and the shade one is getting depending on pure luck. Maybe it’s a shade of Vass charm. 🤣
I'm almost wondering if your pair aren't Walnut Museum. They look vastly darker than both mine and @Jamesbond1 Pair

Jamesbond1

Reaction score
Is this really walnut? I would have bet that this is gold museum. I am beginning to wonder whether the two colours are completely interchangeable and the shade one is getting depending on pure luck. Maybe it’s a shade of Vass charm. 🤣
Shopmehra says it Walnut museum. The man knows Vass as he sells a lot of them.

8B3AE135-D5EA-4B23-A7AB-5B258782BE51.jpeg

Unvaccined

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The sunlight has a significant impact from what I’ve seen on my pair today. In the sunlight, the brown comes out. In artificial light and with a mirror shine: the shoe looks like it almost has a shade of grey intermixed with black and only a little brown. I’ve never seen anything like it. Serious depth.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First outing of these babies (sans cav twill carpeting)
View attachment 1625812
For reference, my post from the other day featured walnut museum under direct sunlight.

The main difference between walnut and gold is that the latter features a distinct orange undertone. The former has hints of red combined with brown, almost tobacco like. Gold is much more orange.

I have dark brown, walnut and gold. If interested, I could snap a pic of all three side by side under direct sunlight.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here're a couple of bonus pics. I'd say oxblood and dark brown museum are much more indistinguishable than the calfs above. Unless you're under direct sunlight, you're not able to tell which is which. The red in the oxblood calf isn't visible unless under direct light. Dark brown museum to the left and oxblood to the right.
IMG_20210621_212236.jpg
IMG_20210621_212247.jpg
IMG_20210621_212253.jpg
IMG_20210621_212256.jpg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jealous not about others' Vass, but more that I'm still working from home with no opportunity to wear mine yet...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.