• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, I think that Vlad Riche mentioned something about the throat not being closed but the sides bowing mentioning issues with the instep?
Flat feet not instep. But not always the case, particularly with Vass or when people size up to get room in the toe box.

apd90700

Reaction score
Flat feet not instep. But not always the case, particularly with Vass or when people size up to get room in the toe box.
Bingo.
1622037785330.png

CWV

Reaction score
Agree with the others. That doesn’t look like a good fit. If they’re too big and you’ve already tried an insole you may not get a good fit from that size/last. If they’re returnable I’d try something else.
They are in mint condition , never worn outside. But from Chile I don’t think I can exchange.
It’s wierd. If I put pressure in my metatarsus, specially on the ball of my big toe, the fit changed, I start feeling more the arch support and look at the gaps
E6095CCC-1E0D-497F-9AAF-E2296C516893.jpeg

Biberach

Reaction score
Two pairs of new shoes arrived last weekend--

Balmoral Oxford K last, with brown museum calf & black suede

Alt English U last, with gold museum calf

I chose the same size (42.5) for the K & U last as my F last, fit is snug, but well-acceptable.

Attachments

• mmexport1622210995983.jpg
    mmexport1622210995983.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 131
  • mmexport1622210992312.jpg
    mmexport1622210992312.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 135
  • mmexport1622210999709.jpg
    mmexport1622210999709.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 222
  • mmexport1622211002865.jpg
    mmexport1622211002865.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 221

fendermustang

Reaction score
sizing question for those with experience of BP, P, P2...
i'm eyeing a pair on the P last.
own a pair of Budapesters on the BP last in 42.5 that are a good fit (though I use a thin tongue pad).
Was able to try on a couple other pairs- Budapester on BP in 42 (too small) and wholecut on P2 in 42.5 (too big).
Was sized professionally as a 9.5B on the Alden modified last after being told that modified last was good for my feet.
What size should I take for a norweger on the P last?

wdrenth

Reaction score
dear all,

A while ago I became the lucky owner of a pair of the Budapest Oxford on the U last (full brogue in three colours of museum calf). Beautiful shoe (douze points)! I took my 'normal' size (EU42). Initially fitting was snug, and really really snug for the right foot. But with patience, and using a bit of Saphir eze, it became normal snug. Fitting around the heel is really good, no funny gaps, modest 'V' when laced up, etc, good feel / balance, and I will going to like these shoes a lot.

On Vass' website, I spotted the Austerity on the F last (on backorder, in a tempting Bordeaux museum calf). Having a soft spot for Austerities, which size would be recommended?

I have read various approaches:
1. some people size up for the U last, given it is narrow in the toes, so likely they will go for 'normal' on the F last
2. I have also read that all last have the same basis, and differ only in the toe box and taking the same size is best (see also @Biberach latest post above)
3. some people size down because the F last is considered roomy

Scenario 2 seems most logical: if U last is snug, then the somewhat roomier F last will fit. But ....I am not privy to the exact last shapes and how roomy roomy is and if sizing down is recommended. Hence my question if any of the knowledgeable gentlemen on this subject could add or comment to my reasoning?

Thanks!

tbaja27

Reaction score
dear all,

A while ago I became the lucky owner of a pair of the Budapest Oxford on the U last (full brogue in three colours of museum calf). Beautiful shoe (douze points)! I took my 'normal' size (EU42). Initially fitting was snug, and really really snug for the right foot. But with patience, and using a bit of Saphir eze, it became normal snug. Fitting around the heel is really good, no funny gaps, modest 'V' when laced up, etc, good feel / balance, and I will going to like these shoes a lot.

On Vass' website, I spotted the Austerity on the F last (on backorder, in a tempting Bordeaux museum calf). Having a soft spot for Austerities, which size would be recommended?

I have read various approaches:
1. some people size up for the U last, given it is narrow in the toes, so likely they will go for 'normal' on the F last
2. I have also read that all last have the same basis, and differ only in the toe box and taking the same size is best (see also @Biberach latest post above)
3. some people size down because the F last is considered roomy

Scenario 2 seems most logical: if U last is snug, then the somewhat roomier F last will fit. But ....I am not privy to the exact last shapes and how roomy roomy is and if sizing down is recommended. Hence my question if any of the knowledgeable gentlemen on this subject could add or comment to my reasoning?

Thanks!
I take the same in both U and F last. U is a bit more snug. If you're feeling that U is snug - F should be perfect in the same size

Unvaccined

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If F is really snug as an unworn shoe, P2 is not only wider but has a higher toe box which I don’t really need. Interestingly, a P2 Budapest in suede fits very well while a P2 Theresianer has a little too much room around the toes causing more creasing. I have made it a habit to buying my shoes very tight and stretch them accordingly. This works out fine in the long run.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two new pairs of Vass. I am usually a U and K type of guy but saw the burgundy oxford in the R last for half price and pulled the trigger. I don't regret it. The last is not bulbous at all. It is shorter than the shoes in U and K, though. I am ok with the variety, and the color is absolutely gorgeous, a dark burgundy that is almost textured from a short distance.

Since I had a shining session for the new arrivals and their colleagues, I thought you would not mind the stowaways in the pictures. I was only going for a high shine on the middle pairs. You be the judge.

IMG_6428.jpg
IMG_6427.jpg

Smooth Operator

Reaction score
Two new pairs of Vass. I am usually a U and K type of guy but saw the burgundy oxford in the R last for half price and pulled the trigger. I don't regret it. The last is not bulbous at all. It is shorter than the shoes in U and K, though. I am ok with the variety, and the color is absolutely gorgeous, a dark burgundy that is almost textured from a short distance.

Since I had a shining session for the new arrivals and their colleagues, I thought you would not mind the stowaways in the pictures. I was only going for a high shine on the middle pairs. You be the judge.

View attachment 1622728 View attachment 1622729
What where is this half price?! Did you get the same size for R last? More photo comparison Por Favor

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had a sale late April. I got a half-size down for the R but kind of regret it. It would have been fine at my usual U and K size. Will shoot some more pics. What exactly are you looking for?

What where is this half price?! Did you get the same size for R last? More photo comparison Por Favor

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
Found out that Vass does fiberboard heel stacks and only uses 3 nails to attach the heels. Very disappointing to see a brand like that cut corners and still say they offer the best value for the price

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads