• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

CWV

Reaction score
Finally, my first ever order of Vass Alt English Oxfords on modified F last arrived and I must say, I couldn’t be happier with the quality of the shoes, their fit, and the more than awesome customer service and assistance by Rezsö!

My first purchase of the same shoes was directly from the website in size 44 (suggested by Rezsö) but they felt slightly tighter on my feet as I have slightly wider forestep. Rezsö was more than happy and helpful to work with me in getting my foot measurements and then have the last modified according to my measurements. I must say, these shoes fit as good as my feet were measured in store by Vass associate.
View attachment 1605984View attachment 1605985View attachment 1605984View attachment 1605985View attachment 1605989View attachment 1605990
I imagine they were MTO, no?

JFK_88

Reaction score
Finally, my first ever order of Vass Alt English Oxfords on modified F last arrived and I must say, I couldn’t be happier with the quality of the shoes, their fit, and the more than awesome customer service and assistance by Rezsö!

My first purchase of the same shoes was directly from the website in size 44 (suggested by Rezsö) but they felt slightly tighter on my feet as I have slightly wider forestep. Rezsö was more than happy and helpful to work with me in getting my foot measurements and then have the last modified according to my measurements. I must say, these shoes fit as good as my feet were measured in store by Vass associate.
View attachment 1605984View attachment 1605985View attachment 1605984View attachment 1605985View attachment 1605989View attachment 1605990
Can you tell me how you contacted Reszö? I tried the phone number all week but no-one picked up the phone. Does he have a separate number or email address?

Aly.B

Reaction score
Can you tell me how you contacted Reszö? I tried the phone number all week but no-one picked up the phone. Does he have a separate number or email address?
I’ve been communicating with Rezsö via email and he’s been pretty responsive. Not sure why you haven’t been able to get in touch with him. You sure you have the correct email address? When I was placing the order the first time, I just sent an email on [email protected] email from the website to get some advice on sizing. And Rezsö got back to me and ever since I’ve been in contact with him through that.

JFK_88

Reaction score
I’ve been communicating with Rezsö via email and he’s been pretty responsive. Not sure why you haven’t been able to get in touch with him. You sure you have the correct email address? When I was placing the order the first time, I just sent an email on [email protected] email from the website to get some advice on sizing. And Rezsö got back to me and ever since I’ve been in contact with him through that.
Thanks for the tip I'll try again that way!

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last time I owned Vass shoes, I had a pair of Old English in U last. Those shoes were gorgeous, but incredibly tight fitting, nearly crushing my little and 4th toe.

Again, I loved the sleek look of the shoes - any other models which could work for me, while still having a similar look to the last? I figure that the F last will probably work.

Aly.B

Reaction score
Last time I owned Vass shoes, I had a pair of Old English in U last. Those shoes were gorgeous, but incredibly tight fitting, nearly crushing my little and 4th toe.

Again, I loved the sleek look of the shoes - any other models which could work for me, while still having a similar look to the last? I figure that the F last will probably work.
In terms of roominess, I think this is how Vass lasts would be positioned:

P2>F>K>U

Perhaps other members with more experience with Vass could chime in about some other lasts.

bernoulli

Reaction score
The F should work. I can make the U and K, sleeker lasts, work with stretching the right shoe so I refrained from getting the F last for a long time. I finally got a pair and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely roomier in the toe box.

EUtroll

Reaction score
Quite a few classic models that Vass has indicated will not form part of the rtw collection going forward. Hopefully they'll get through until the tourists return to Budapest.

tbaja27

Reaction score
Quite a few classic models that Vass has indicated will not form part of the rtw collection going forward. Hopefully they'll get through until the tourists return to Budapest.
Care to expand?

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you now have to pay 30 euros for shoe trees. I think it’s a brand new update. Still worth it.
That is new as of today or yesterday. Bummer, but frankly still worth it for sure.

They also put a click box for toe plates in, which is good. 20 Euro inc VAT. I know they were doing this service before, but not sure how much / if they were charging?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.