• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CWV

Reaction score
Ups duplicated images. Sry don’t know how to fix it

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The (probably) first Vass if Chule (and mine)

View attachment 1592332

What do you think of fit? Not much gap. Maybe I have low instep? Im also afraid of Pickering on the inside
edge.
View attachment 1592335 View attachment 1592336 View attachment 1592332 View attachment 1592335 View attachment 1592336 View attachment 1592332 View attachment 1592335 View attachment 1592336
Depending how tightly those are laced and how tightly you like them the v gap and instep look pretty perfect. I wouldn't want it to be wider than that if they're laced as tightly as you want. If you're worried they aren't secure as is and need to tighten the instep without closing it too much you can always re-lace them and use ladder lacing as well.

CWV

Reaction score
Depending how tightly those are laced and how tightly you like them the v gap and instep look pretty perfect. I wouldn't want it to be wider than that if they're laced as tightly as you want. If you're worried they aren't secure as is and need to tighten the instep without closing it too much you can always re-lace them and use ladder lacing as well.
The lacing is right for me, but won’t the leather stretch and three overlapping?

CWV

Reaction score
Also regarding fit, maybe I could have done 0,5 size down (TTS) but my unaligned pinky would have been pinching. Which this 42,5 my right pinky is touching the leather. Usage will tell how well it really fits.
Thx for the advice guys.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lacing is right for me, but won’t the leather stretch and three overlapping?
Like most answers on here - "it depends" but I'd be surprised if a v gap of that size stretched enough that you ended up with the facing overlapping. If you're lacing them super tightly there it might stretch more than if they aren't laced super tightly but again, swap it to ladder lacing if that is the case and it stretches and you want to maintain the "v" for looks.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Also regarding fit, maybe I could have done 0,5 size down (TTS) but my unaligned pinky would have been pinching. Which this 42,5 my right pinky is touching the leather. Usage will tell how well it really fits.
Thx for the advice guys.
Vass F last is not the easiest fit for many people but it looks pretty good to me. Don't think going down by 0.5 would work, the shoes would get really tight. In my experience the difference between size 42 and 42.5 is pretty substantial in F last (I'm a 42.5 as well).

CWV

Reaction score
Vass F last is not the easiest fit for many people but it looks pretty good to me. Don't think going down by 0.5 would work, the shoes would get really tight. In my experience the difference between size 42 and 42.5 is pretty substantial in F last (I'm a 42.5 as well).
The only fit issue I see is what could be the begging of the infamous gap on the inside border.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reactions: CWV

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I suggest using them in "controlled enviroment" (inside your house or in the office) until they are fully broken in. Vass leather and soles are quite thick so they will get more comfortable in time once your feet sink in them and the shoes are flexed several times, so don't lace them too tight until they are fully broken in.

Saludos

Last edited:

CWV

Reaction score
I suggest using them in "controlled enviroment" (inside your house or in the office) until they are fully broken in. Vass leather and soles are quite thick so they will get more comfortable in time once your feet sink in them and the shoes are flexed several times, so don't lace them too tight until they are fully broken in.

Saludos
Thanks for the advise. My home is my office now. Haven’t go to court fir more than a year.
And yes I noticed the thickness of the sole. For a moment I wondered whether they sent me a double soled shoe. Lol

CWV

Reaction score
Some questions about care.
on the inside is written 0021,03.01 I guess that means they were made on the first of March? So a recent made. Should I condition them anyway?
what is we o,ended for museum calf? No renovateur only neutral cream and bick4?

tbaja27

Reaction score
on the inside is written 0021,03.01 I guess that means they were made on the first of March? So a recent made. Should I condition them anyway?
I use renovateur on my Vass museum, and neutral mirror gloss to give the cap toes a mirror shine. Very minor flaking - easily fixed.

CWV

Reaction score
I use renovateur on my Vass museum, and neutral mirror gloss to give the cap toes a mirror shine. Very minor flaking - easily fixed.
Renovar Rut doesn’t affect the marbleing?

Potatoe

Reaction score

I wouldn't do anything at this point.

I have a pair in the same leather (made 05/05/2020) and have done nothing. They still look great, and the creasing is minimal.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wore first Vass a few times now, P2 last in a 45 - quite comfortable and I think it looks to fit well.
If I'm picking up the common wisdom, I should likely be ok in 45 in F and other except would maybe need a 45.5 in U? Is this correct? PSX_20210413_151448.jpg
20210413_131531.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads