• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems Latin Americans are really into Vass! So far I count Brazil, Mexico, Chile and Peru represented just in the last 3-4 pages of the thread. BTW, I always love your fits at the "HOF What are you wearing today" thread. I still find it unbelievable that it is much easier to import consumer goods in communist China than any country in Latin America (with the exception of Chile). Of course, communist China is not communist at all, but still.

And @Potatoe, I mentioned that I went through the last 100 pages of the thread. In particular, the posts from June-September complaining about the company frustrated me, and that is why I went on a rant. I am glad the last few pages have been full of appreciation regarding Vass.
Colombia requests recognition.
F7AE6CD7-E824-41F9-99E0-084F091530B1.jpeg
F488BB3C-BB97-4191-ACC3-F14612E1AFF2.jpeg

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HOW aree the import taxes and duties over there?
Tough. Very tough. Don’t know the details any more as everything gets shipped to USA now.

CWV

Reaction score
Tough. Very tough. Don’t know the details any more as everything gets shipped to USA now.
Sorry to intrude, but can I ask why? Do you have some tip to avoid the extra cost? If so, could you share it via PM?
Thx

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to intrude, but can I ask why? Do you have some tip to avoid the extra cost? If so, could you share it via PM?
Thx
Well, everything in USA is tax free under $800 so that includes all Vass. As my family travels between USA and Bogotá often, it’s just easier to have it shipped to USA and taken to Colombia.
For big ticket items (my cousin collects mid-century modern furniture) things get shipped to Miami and put on a boat to Colombia. I‘m not sure how much that saves but it’s enough to make it worthwhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWV

bernoulli

Reaction score
The Fedex fairy stopped by today and I couldn't be happier. Hopefully, the breaking-in process will go well, as I am trying to get my correct size lengthwise and asked Vass to stretch the right shoe to accommodate my wider right foot.

IMG_4636.JPG
IMG_4638.JPG
IMG_4634.JPGIMG_E4635.JPG

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
:slayer: :slayer:

Those norwegers with leather sole look amazing.
Yes, they are great, but sadly don’t get much wear in the winter. Have another pair with a Vibram sole which are more appropriate for snow and grit. Am really looking forward to warmer weather, less covid-19 and plenty of Vass opportunities:bounce2:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.