• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kurenai

Reaction score
Put in an order for 2 Alt English oxfords on the F last. Walnut Museum and Brown Museum. I could not help myself. Price was too good.

Beyond excited ?

MTO or 1 of their sample sale - if the former - how much did those set ya back ?

tbaja27

Reaction score
MTO or 1 of their sample sale - if the former - how much did those set ya back ?

Neither. Just normal sale. 634 Euro total. Couldn't say no.

How do you say no to beautiful Vass at a great price?

That's right, you don't! ?

P.S. Also excited to try on the F last.

Last edited:

kurenai

Reaction score
I'm so tempted to pick up another pair ...

BTW, anyone familiar with their MTO charges now ? Been waiting forever for a reply from them but alas in classic Vass - dead silence.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put in an order for 2 Alt English oxfords on the F last. Walnut Museum and Brown Museum. I could not help myself. Price was too good.

Beyond excited ?
I have those two exact make ups. You won't be disappointed.

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
I don't usually get as excited as I am now. WOOP WOOP ?
I know the feeling. My wife told me in no uncertain terms that it was bad enough that I ordered six pairs, but to listen to my talking about them all the time, was simply not on:bounce2:

tbaja27

Reaction score
I know the feeling. My wife told me in no uncertain terms that it was bad enough that I ordered six pairs, but to listen to my talking about them all the time, was simply not on:bounce2:
haha. At least she accepts it!

Fortunately - I have no one to yell at me, yet :bounce2:

But 4 pairs in less than a month - I think that's enough for the year ha.

tbaja27

Reaction score
Anyone know where Vass sources its museum calf from?

Just a curiosity.

kurenai

Reaction score
Their Grey museum looks almost identical to another pair I have from a different maker. The latter came from Ilcea

CWV

Reaction score
Are the sales coming to an end? Just checked and they have lots of pairs at full price. Havent seen that in months.

tbaja27

Reaction score
Are the sales coming to an end? Just checked and they have lots of pairs at full price. Havent seen that in months.
I think only the new lasts are at full price, from what I can tell.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
Would you mind sharing a pic of the leather? I am thinking about a MTO in the grey museum and would love to see the leather in the wild.

Their Grey museum looks almost identical to another pair I have from a different maker. The latter came from Ilcea

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
The discounts have definitely been reduced. One pair that I was eying was previously listed at 35%, now it's 20%. Another was 50% (only one left, but a tad too big), now they are also at 20%. Maybe not such a bad thing after all...

willyto

Reaction score
The discounts have definitely been reduced. One pair that I was eying was previously listed at 35%, now it's 20%. Another was 50% (only one left, but a tad too big), now they are also at 20%. Maybe not such a bad thing after all...
They do some high reductions like 40%-50% for 1-2 days, Free shipping for a week,etc then the remaninig stock goes back at lower reductions. I guess it just helps to push stock out.

I was dumb for not buying the Black tassel wholecut loafers for 280€ but now the Penny Loafers in black in F last are at around 336€. I am considering them.

By the way, I wore my P2 suede Theresianer shoes with Dainite soles today and they are very comfortable. I used Saphir Renovateur spray conditioner and the waterproof spray on them. They can be worn casually and to dress up too.

Satchmo Borealis

Reaction score
They do some high reductions like 40%-50% for 1-2 days, Free shipping for a week,etc then the remaninig stock goes back at lower reductions. I guess it just helps to push stock out.

I was dumb for not buying the Black tassel wholecut loafers for 280€ but now the Penny Loafers in black in F last are at around 336€. I am considering them.

By the way, I wore my P2 suede Theresianer shoes with Dainite soles today and they are very comfortable. I used Saphir Renovateur spray conditioner and the waterproof spray on them. They can be worn casually and to dress up too.
Guess you are right - it pays to keep up with nws on the Vass website.

Am wearing my new Budapest Oxford P2 in dark brown suede - first time out and they are also very comfortable. A tad narrower than the P and R last, but a great fit! Go well with jeans today, but would also work with a more casual suit.
Ulast.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads