• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berto1

Reaction score
One of my favorite VASS shoes
7520210F-2A6A-459C-86C0-D6C7A2FAC7B1.jpeg

jayteee

Reaction score
I would agree in some cases.

I'm not at all a fan of the S, or the 3636 at all. I don't care for the shape of the Peter but I do like some of the Norwegers over all.

That said the F, and U in particular are considered to be excellent by an overwhelming majority.
F and U are among best in world for attractiveness, IMO. I also like P2 as long as they are derbies and not Oxfords. P2 makes a good looking and comfortable semi-casual shoe that is anchored in Central European tradition without being a thick-soled stomper.

Man with a suitcase

Reaction score
I just ordered a sweet looking pair of Budapest black oxfords, R last. Can’t wait!

I‘ll try to post a photo if everything goes as planned.

There was a beautiful sample pair for even less money that I really liked, but I was uncomfortable about the U last as my feet are a little wide and the comments here about the toe box put me off. So thanks for your expertise.

Ryannl

Reaction score
A little update from my issues with Vass being unavailable. Through instagram I got a reaction after three days which was helpful. They were surprised that my refund request was not handled yet so they are on it again.

Lets see if I can get a final answer this week.

phsiao08

Reaction score
That is true. I like the 804 last. But many of their lasts feels rough and to abruptly cut at the front. I also don't like the wide sole edges. But that's my opinion only.
[/QUO

Last comparison- From top to bottom:

Enzo Bonafe 804
Carmina Rain
Enzo Bonafe 45
C&J 384

69A046B2-3848-4ABC-9DE2-A31FC2237CF5.jpeg

sforum1

Reaction score
Two F's and one K.
How does the instep compare between F and K? What are the biggest differences you noticed in terms of size? Never tried the K but I'm very much tempted to pull the trigger on one.

lexmann

Reaction score
How does the instep compare between F and K? What are the biggest differences you noticed in terms of size? Never tried the K but I'm very much tempted to pull the trigger on one.
I have the same size in both. K is definitely tighter than the F. If your feet are a little bit on the wide side, then don’t consider the K. In terms of instep, F is higher.

jayteee

Reaction score
I have the same size in both. K is definitely tighter than the F. If your feet are a little bit on the wide side, then don’t consider the K. In terms of instep, F is higher.
The F fit me comfortably but K is tight. Very pointy toe. It's style over comfort, even for my medium width foot.

Potatoe

Reaction score
F and U are among best in world for attractiveness, IMO. I also like P2 as long as they are derbies and not Oxfords. P2 makes a good looking and comfortable semi-casual shoe that is anchored in Central European tradition without being a thick-soled stomper.
Totally agree on the P2 last, I have a pair and plan to buy another.

I also think its probably the last I would want if I were in the market for a pair of boots.

Carl1955

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope your taking advantage of Karl's (Ascot shoes) (Fire sale) Auctions on eBay?. Apparently there - "currently clearing all our stocked shoes because our showrooms in London Mayfair and Paris are still closed.Many are brand new and never been worn or tried on (see photos for actual shoes being sold) ". I've nabbed a nice new pair of MTO: Vass Valway Boots Blue & Oxblood Calf - U last UK10 (£290) which are arriving today and my Brother in law has a nice new pair of Vass Double Monks Cognac & Cream Calf - K Last UK6 (£155) for delivery later in the week, I've got bidders remorse on a few pairs I should have gone higher on notably a lovely pair of Vass Oxford High Boots Green suede & Calf - F Last UK10 . Happy bidding.
For clarity I have no connection to Ascot Shoes whatsoever other than being a happy past & present customer. Carl.

ThomGault

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope your taking advantage of Karl's (Ascot shoes) (Fire sale) Auctions on eBay?. Apparently there - "currently clearing all our stocked shoes because our showrooms in London Mayfair and Paris are still closed.Many are brand new and never been worn or tried on (see photos for actual shoes being sold) ". I've nabbed a nice new pair of MTO: Vass Valway Boots Blue & Oxblood Calf - U last UK10 (£290) which are arriving today and my Brother in law has a nice new pair of Vass Double Monks Cognac & Cream Calf - K Last UK6 (£155) for delivery later in the week, I've got bidders remorse on a few pairs I should have gone higher on notably a lovely pair of Vass Oxford High Boots Green suede & Calf - F Last UK10 . Happy bidding.
For clarity I have no connection to Ascot Shoes whatsoever other than being a happy past & present customer. Carl.
Where did you see low priced auctions? I don't see any ascot auctions, and certainly none of their listed shoes are currently on a "fire sale;" they're all much higher than vass prices.

Last edited:

tbaja27

Reaction score
Where did you see low priced auctions? I don't see any ascot auctions, and certainly none of their listed shoes are currently on a "fire sale;" they're all much higher than vass prices.
Same here - I never see those Vass auctions on Ebay

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads