• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

CrashBurner

Reaction score
I asked them about this a few weeks ago. Here is the reply I got.

"The cordovan leather supply has narrowed and prices have risen sharply.

The manufacturer increased the prices by almost 50%. Our prices have changed to 750 € vat free.

Shoes: 750 vat free

Chukka: 1049 € vat free

High boots: 1258 € vat free"
Thanks @Patrick1053 - that’s great info. Do Vas’s offer much in the way of a discount for GMTOs?

Patrick1053

Reaction score
Thanks @Patrick1053 - that’s great info. Do Vas’s offer much in the way of a discount for GMTOs?
I am not sure, but I would be interested in joining the group if they did. however, because there mark up for MTO is already relatively small, I doubt they would provide a discount. I would email them and ask. Their customer service is great if they actually answer you.

CrashBurner

Reaction score
I am not sure, but I would be interested in joining the group if they did. however, because there mark up for MTO is already relatively small, I doubt they would provide a discount. I would email them and ask. Their customer service is great if they actually answer you.
Thanks again @Patrick1053 - I mentioned elsewhere that I narrowly missed by several years picking up a pair of Cordovan Valways on SF - it had been a plan to have a pair of “_always“ from everyone who was making them at the time.

Patrick1053

Reaction score
Thanks again @Patrick1053 - I mentioned elsewhere that I narrowly missed by several years picking up a pair of Cordovan Valways on SF - it had been a plan to have a pair of “_always“ from everyone who was making them at the time.
Yeah I was about to order some from the Carmina styleforum GMTO, but then I found the exact color I wanted on eBay, Bourbon Shell Cordovan. Enzo Bonafe hand welted Balway for less then Carmina (albeit not brand new, but close enough)

Enzo.JPG

CrashBurner

Reaction score
Yeah I was about to order some from the Carmina styleforum GMTO, but then I found the exact color I wanted on eBay, Bourbon Shell Cordovan. Enzo Bonafe hand welted for less then Carmina (albeit not brand new, but close enough)
Those looked the bomb and a great price - unfortunately not my size so had to pass. Great score!

Phoenician

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing my first pair and checking out the sale styles. One thing I don’t see is a size equivalent chart on their webpage and everything is only in Euro sizes. Anyone point me to their chart for US and UK sizes please?
thanks

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big shoutout and thank you to @Patrick1053 for the great deal on these Vass, Barely used at all.
55D759FA-0F82-4D2F-A9FD-8ADFFDBC7CC9.jpeg

hard to catch the color of the plum museum calf.
DB830836-03E6-4EF7-B239-0029D41CC115.jpeg

but it is clear I had no worries about it being different from my burgundy.
A1B65642-3BE5-46BC-A59C-57AF873415AD.jpeg

thanks again.

ajd578

Reaction score
I'd guess the top and bottom shoes correspond to link one and two, respectively.

xipander

Reaction score
Does anyone know how P2 or F fits compared to the budapest last?

I've just got a pair of budapesters on the budapest last with goyser stitching in 42.5, length fits well but they're a bit tight around the arch and toes but it may relax some with break in. There's also some gap on the outside of the ankle that I'm assuming is due to my lower instep. I'm curious if another last would work better for me feet or if I need to go up a size.

For reference I'm a 9E in AE 65 last that fits great, a 43 in MMM GATs, and a 10 in Nike running shoes. I don't have any other nice dress shoes to compare with.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.