• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

DJJD

Reaction score
You bet I will!
I won't let them depriving me from another pair.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just placed an order this week. I used the sales at vass-shoes dot com address. The current Sales Manager is Ms. Reka Tarpataki. She's been great to deal with. I hope you're able to get a response!
I agree, Reka is awesome.

eightace

Reaction score
I've dealt with Reka also, she's been great. Same address as Mr.6 suggested.

Fliegerguy

Reaction score
Anyone experienced problems with non parallel heels?

As the heel doesn't like straight on the ground, the shoe bows (or gapes) when it is forced down. My hand isn't touching the upper in the picture. You can imagine how the problem is magnified when standing in these shoes.

Attachments

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone experienced problems with non parallel heels?

As the heel doesn't like straight on the ground, the shoe bows (or gapes) when it is forced down. My hand isn't touching the upper in the picture. You can imagine how the problem is magnified when standing in these shoes.
Your picture doesnt really show anything of note. In fact, I'm not sure what its supposed to show. On the other hand, if the shoe is gaping when you are wearing it, then you probably have either a low instep or a low volume foot.

Fliegerguy

Reaction score
Apologies for the poor pictures. I was trying to show that the heels do not lie flat (with shoe trees on), which results in a relatively sharp curve along both sides of the collar of the shoe at the quarters (perceived as gaping) when the heel is forced flat on the ground.

When the heel is not forced flat down, the sharp bend doesn't appear.

Likewise, when I'm sitting down, my shoe does not gape. It only happens when I'm standing, or at the foot where my body weight is on when walking.

The issue of the heel not lying flat is only seen on this pair, but my other pairs of vass are fine. I guess what I'm trying to ask is that do any of you guys have a solution to this minor problem?

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies for the poor pictures. I was trying to show that the heels do not lie flat (with shoe trees on), which results in a relatively sharp curve along both sides of the collar of the shoe at the quarters (perceived as gaping) when the heel is forced flat on the ground.

When the heel is not forced flat down, the sharp bend doesn't appear.

Likewise, when I'm sitting down, my shoe does not gape. It only happens when I'm standing, or at the foot where my body weight is on when walking.

The issue of the heel not lying flat is only seen on this pair, but my other pairs of vass are fine. I guess what I'm trying to ask is that do any of you guys have a solution to this minor problem?
A tongue pad will likely mitigate/ resolve the gaping.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone tried (or seen pics of) the new FB? Does it fit like P2?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 74 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 144 32.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 8 1.8%