• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Night time photo...was not sure what to expect after a few email exchanges back and forth. These finally arrived. I asked for medium brown suede but these look like brown or dark brown instead. F last fits well still, a little gaping around the inner quarters but nothing that I would ever worry about. Almond toe shape in my eyes is ideal, it is not too pointed at all. My first MTO directly, will definitely know what to ask for next time. The brown suede instead may actually be a 'win' since it is different than what I already have in rotation. I believe this brown color is slightly more versatile. (If I could change one thing in hindsight is have gone with plain calf leather.) My goal with this MTO was to keep the vamp and toe simple like you'd see with slippers from B&L but with a thicker sole so it is not too dainty. Double sole was just something I was introduced to with my first pair of Vass purchase a few years ago and I like it.

unnamed.jpg

These were the specs I asked for FWIW:
  • model: Slipper – no strings, no tassel – as on the photo
  • size: 40.5
  • last: F
  • color&leather: Medium brown suede
  • sole: Double tapering to single (bevelled waist)

Their photos for comparison:

CIMG0823.JPG

CIMG0824.JPG

I have one more pair of shoes in mind to replace a pair of old brown cap-toe oxfords but will revisit that maybe next year.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass is having a great Summer Sales on their web site. 20-30% discounts.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say 43.5uk

Webbo

Reaction score
Can someone help me with sizing of Vass.

I am UK 10 in Carmina's Rain last and Trickers 4497s last.

What size should i go for in Vass F last ? 44 or 44.5 ??
I love Vass. They are for me the best price/value/style handmade shoe by a country mile, however sizing is tricky. I would say 44 but I would also say if there was any possible way to try then do so. Get your sizing right and Vass are just sublime.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would correspond to 9.5 UK .. won’t that be too small ??

Do u have to size down for the F last ?
Sorry, my bad. 44uk!!. If you have high instep or wid-sh feet you may go with 44 uk G widht.

aj2603

Reaction score
I am interested in buying the Black Cap-toe Oxford on the F last. Actually i am in the market for a cap-toe oxford in any last.

But 44 is not available. 43.5 and 44.5 is available.

Going by the conversation above. 44 seems to be the correct size.. Well, i guess its just my bad luck.

z.jpg
zz.jpg

greenhouse

Reaction score
Vass is having a great Summer Sales on their web site. 20-30% discounts.
Pretty incredible pricing for non-eu buyers. Sub $400 after shipping. If these come with trees, it's a stellar deal. Without trees it's still a good deal.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.