• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

EUtroll

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with Vass' current resoling costs? Having a few pairs in need of some refurbishment and considering to bring them back to Budapest.

I've got a competent cobbler here in Brussels but while I'm already going I could just bring them along.

jssdc

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with Vass' current resoling costs? Having a few pairs in need of some refurbishment and considering to bring them back to Budapest.

I've got a competent cobbler here in Brussels but while I'm already going I could just bring them along.
I was literally about to ask the same thing. I’m sure I can ping their sales email address, but would love to hear experiences from others before doing so. (For reference mine are an OE2 U last purchased in 2014)

SpaceCow

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wish to do a quick check regards to the size of cordovan shoes. I commissioned two pairs of dress shoes from Vass previously and I am really satisfied with my experience thus far. Currently, I am interested in placing an order for a pair of cordovan low boots and I heard that cordovan shoes might not fit the same as calf shoes (i.e. they run big).

I usually wear thin socks with my dress shoes and I intend to wear thick socks for the pair of cordovan boots.

Should I place an order in the same size as my other calf dress shoes from Vass or go up by 0.5?

Thanks in advance!

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wish to do a quick check regards to the size of cordovan shoes. I commissioned two pairs of dress shoes from Vass previously and I am really satisfied with my experience thus far. Currently, I am interested in placing an order for a pair of cordovan low boots and I heard that cordovan shoes might not fit the same as calf shoes (i.e. they run big).

I usually wear thin socks with my dress shoes and I intend to wear thick socks for the pair of cordovan boots.

Should I place an order in the same size as my other calf dress shoes from Vass or go up by 0.5?

Thanks in advance!
I only change sized based on last choice. I've never had to adjust Vass sizing for cordovan. My Vass cordovan are in P2 while the majority of my calf are U and F.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F6D237E7-94EC-412B-B788-BB560739014D.jpeg
D453F0E2-5AF5-4E90-BA67-5FF40D2787E4.jpeg

These are on their way to me now. Not a long wait at all, I think they took about 5 or 6 weeks to produce. Museum calf double monks on a slightly modified P2 last with a lower instep.

beau chapeau

Reaction score
ok guys, here are my Kaan in plum museum calf with burgundy ostrich ... I could really use some advice as to the best way to look after these beauties... I'm thinking the Saphir cream in the burgundy colour for the main shoe, and possibly Reptan or Nappa Balm for the ostrich? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
And, just for the record, Photo credit: @timike0511 who was incredibly helpful.. customer service as it should be, as far as I'm concerned. Top marks all around.

Last edited:

clothingfun

Reaction score
ok guys, here are my Kaan in plum museum calf with burgundy ostrich ... I could really use some advice as to the best way to look after these beauties... I'm thinking the Saphir cream in the burgundy colour for the main shoe, and possibly Reptan or Nappa Balm for the ostrich? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
And, just for the record, Photo credit: @timike0511 who was incredibly helpful.. customer service as it should be, as far as I'm concerned. Top marks all around.
View attachment 1204723
Good morning and I hope you are well. Those are great looking! I own quite a bit of ostrich footwear (cowboy boots) and have found that Bickmore Exotic works exceptionally well. The suggestion of Bickmore #4 is fine advice also. However, at least from my experience, I have found the Bickmore Exotic works a little better than the #4 for ostrich but maybe that’s just me splitting hairs. The company does recommend it for all exotic leathers though.

On another care note, I think that with ostrich footwear it’s also a good idea to condition them with one of these products every four to six weeks even if you don’t wear them. It keeps the leather nicer. Just my thoughts and I hope this helps. Enjoy those!

Last edited:

beau chapeau

Reaction score
Good morning and I hope you are well. Those are great looking! I own quite a bit of ostrich footwear (cowboy boots) and have found that Bickmore Exotic works exceptionally well. The suggestion of Bickmore #4 is fine advice also. However, at least from my experience, I have found the Bickmore Exotic works a little better than the #4 for ostrich but maybe that’s just me splitting hairs. The company does recommend it for all exotic leathers though.

On another care note, I think that with ostrich footwear it’s also a good idea to condition them with one of these products every four to six weeks even if you don’t wear them. It keeps the leather nicer. Just my thoughts and I hope this helps. Enjoy those!
many thanks for the advice. :fonz:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.