• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They haven't provided me with the new standard prices, but for my requested makeup (balmoral boot with shell upper and red brown suede shaft). They quoted me EUR 890 + EUR 40 for shipping. I know it's handwelted and fully customizable, but too high for me given what I want and it not even being a full shell boot. It's not clear to me if that is with or without VAT.
At that price point you can get full shell boot. Fully hand welted or good year welted.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should have a couple of stock shoes in the same size, I'll check and let you know. I'm pretty sure the measurements will be different though.
Awesome, thank you, much appreciated!

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, prices have definitely gone up. Damn. My shell Valways were 700 euros 2 years ago. Carmina and Bonafe will do a shell bal boot for 900-1200 (ish). I can’t think of another maker who will at that price point.
700 for full shell is an awesome price. photos? i have a full shell boot from vass from 6 years ago that was 825 + 40 ship

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
700 for full shell is an awesome price. photos? i have a full shell boot from vass from 6 years ago that was 825 + 40 ship
I went back and double checked the price. It was 760 euros plus 40 shipping. But that was VAT free since I’m in the US. With VAT it would have been 925.

Misiahb

Reaction score
That combination of materials - museum and grain - not in saddle format. Would work a treat as a brown version of my blue boots that I got from @jokb :

Incredibly sharp. I'm cautious of experimenting with colour (especially since my collection is in its infancy), but this makes me want to try some navy instead of black.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incredibly sharp. I'm cautious of experimenting with colour (especially since my collection is in its infancy), but this makes me want to try some navy instead of black.
Blue boots wouldn't have been my first or second pair, but I do get easily as much wear out of these as I do my black boots. Probably even a bit more.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.