• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thesartorialistbanker

Reaction score
Vass

5F3AB2B3-E1E0-4C74-B492-2CBA5ADE5D1C.jpeg

EC65E94F-244D-459B-AA43-154A28C6FFC0.jpeg

ozyozy

Reaction score
Hi gents,

I have 2 Vass F last, EU 42.5 that are unfortubately 0.5 size too big for me. I am looking to either trade them with other Vass sized EU 42 or sell them.

They are in very good condition, only worn once. Please PM me if you are interested! Thanks!

AAC590E4-9AD9-479C-9696-69C9814B9951.jpeg

B0EC41B7-48B2-47FC-BE1B-13BB1420D2B3.jpeg

BA79A4D2-F75B-4CC1-AC1C-27E0AA91C8AC.jpeg

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not from around these parts, but am in Budapest for vacation and felt like I needed to drop by Vass as I feel like it's a forum favorite and when am I going to be in Budapest again?

I thought service was great despite some of the Yelp reviews I read. I wanted into the smaller shop and it didn't look like the pictures I saw. This is kind of like C&J where they have two shops on the same street. The second or larger shop was only 50 meters from the smaller shop. Would have liked to have given the smaller shop the business, but just felt like there was less selection and it was harder to look at shoes.

The bigger shop was definitely more browsing friendly. I was fitted on the F and P2 last by Peter who was great. He allowed me try on a few different sizes to get the best idea of fit and seemed very patient. I saw a pair of suede/calf boots that I liked, but don't think they had them in my size. The hunt guess on now to find something to my liking, but glad I got fitted there.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about some brogue tassel loafers for the next warm season ?
Lovely MTO courtesy of @Ascotshoes

View attachment 1093565
Those aren't too my liking, but would be concerned about sizing with loafers. Did not think of that when I was getting fitted. I do desire a pair of suede tassel loafers though.

andrel42

Reaction score
Those aren't too my liking, but would be concerned about sizing with loafers. Did not think of that when I was getting fitted. I do desire a pair of suede tassel loafers though.
I would suggest a half size smaller than your usual Vass (this loafer is on the U Last)

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the shoes on the Vass webstore come with shoe trees? I think they do cause the product pictures show them with shoe trees plus I couldn't find where to add them but I'm not sure.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the shoes on the Vass webstore come with shoe trees? I think they do cause the product pictures show them with shoe trees plus I couldn't find where to add them but I'm not sure.
Yep they come with shoetrees. Nice prices for brand new pairs. Wished they had those F-last oxfords earlier...

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep they come with shoetrees. Nice prices for brand new pairs. Wished they had those F-last oxfords earlier...
Thank you, that's great news. And yes, one of the best value in the business IMO.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take same size for both U and F lasts. The toe box in the U last is snug however.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads