• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mrlol

Reaction score
Hi guys, im looking for information regarding vass mto or bespoke service.

I need higher toe box and higher instep on the vass f last, is this possible and is this considered mto or bespoke? Whats the Price difference?

How many fittings do they have in bespoke?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the Theresianer boots. I remember hearing that Vass make's their boots fit a 1/2 size larger? Is this still the case?

I only have experience with vass x massdrop ones, and I'd say they fit a quarter size smaller than the loafers and semi-brogues that i have.

Webbo

Reaction score
Just arrived, on the budapest last in Antique Cognac 44.5G (the colour is darker than the photo)
20181015_115801.jpg
20181015_115748.jpg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Looks like we have similar taste. These ate about 10 years old and going strong. Enjoy yours.
I was wearing the same yesterday— brown shell, P2. I do wish the proportion of cap/vamp/quarters was better, but it was a very satisfactory ride. Maybe to try the same in Oxfords...

nanerpus

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the condition of these brand new Vass P2 shoes that have never been walked in? What do the premature creases indicate on the quality of the leather? I'm used to creasing in the vamp after use but have not seen creases in the quarter area.

What would you recommend doing about it? Keep them because it's going to happen anyway? Get them remade? I've emailed Vass three times asking for their assessment with no response, so I'll call them next. I justed wanted to get your thoughts from as more experienced people.
20181027_103640.jpg
20181012_204403.jpg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably whomever laced them opened the quarters up too wide.

bamboo

Reaction score
Hi guys, im looking for information regarding vass mto or bespoke service.

I need higher toe box and higher instep on the vass f last, is this possible and is this considered mto or bespoke? Whats the Price difference?

How many fittings do they have in bespoke?
In my experience I feel Flasts boots narrower than Flast oxford. I have 2 boots. this can be fue to a famous inconsistency of sizing.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody has luck getting a response from Vass lately? Seems like it went to **** after Timea left.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody has luck getting a response from Vass lately? Seems like it went to **** after Timea left.

I didn't know she left. I had trouble getting responses when she was there :confused: You can try sending from a different email address in case your main account got stuck in their spam filter.

blekit

Reaction score
I called them today about an email I've sent last Friday and was told to expect an answer this week. They say they are extremaly busy right now and are sorry for all the delays in replying to the messages. Well, I guess they need to establish a new process after Timea left, hopefully won't take much longer.

On the other note - can anyone describe shortly the main differences between F and P2 lasts? I have suede oxfords (Old English II) on F last and they fit me well overall, but I'm wondering whether I wouldn't be better of with the shoes that are slightly wider in the toes. I'm especially curious about the instep - I really like that on the F side the quarters are coming together without any 'V' shape and would like to preserve that in my next purchases.

Since I'm writing so much, I'll post some pictures as well. Photos from the first and the ninth or tenth (over the span of 4 months) full day wears of my Vass shoes :)

20180616_160443.jpg

20181026_101426.jpg

Last edited:

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called them today about an email I've sent last Friday and was told to expect an answer this week. They say they are extremaly busy right now and are sorry for all the delays in replying to the messages. Well, I guess they need to establish a new process after Timea left, hopefully won't take much longer.

On the other note - can anyone describe shortly the main differences between F and P2 lasts? I have suede oxfords (Old English II) on F last and they fit me well overall, but I'm wondering whether I wouldn't be better of with the shoes that are slightly wider in the toes. I'm especially curious about the instep - I really like that on the F side the quarters are coming together without any 'V' shape and would like to preserve that in my next purchases.

Since I'm writing so much, I'll post some pictures as well. Photos from the first and the ninth or tenth (over the span of 4 months) full day wears of my Vass shoes :)

View attachment 1062541
View attachment 1062542

From what I gathered from asking previously is that the P2 is half a size smaller than the F. But I'm not sure as I've never tired on the P2 before.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I gathered from asking previously is that the P2 is half a size smaller than the F. But I'm not sure as I've never tired on the P2 before.

That’s backwards. It runs a half size BIGGER so you take a half size smaller than your F size. That’s just general advice. I actually take a full size smaller for P2.

They are very different, both high instep, though. F has a more tapered toebox (though still not symmetrical). P2 has a more natural, longer big toe. More ergonomic, in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads