• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EUtroll

Reaction score
How would you describe the volume of the 3636? Really like the last and thinking of a derby cap-toe.

P2 is a good fit, instep perhaps a bit low, and f is simply too narrow. I've got a high instep and wide toes but with a lower vamp so fit is always a compromise.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I have Valways on F that are a hair snug across the toes (width-wise) and I could use a smidge more instep room. Sounds like boots on 3636 would be a better fit.

You could always have the workshop add some fitting pieces to the toebox or instep of F. I’ve had this done to the toes and it turned out great.

You can also request G fitting and they will feather the last for you.

sforum1

Reaction score
Hi all, I need some help with sizing for a Vass pair I am contemplating pulling the trigger on.
https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/vass-oxford-oxbloods-eu-44-f-last.9170/

Actually, before I get to the size question, does that not look like the U last rather than F last? The shoe is sized as 44F but not sure, I thought I could tell U from F by now and this does not look like F to me.

I wear 10UK in C&J and JL and 10.5/11E in G&G. Would this 44 Vass fit ok? My best fitting shoe I would say is the C&J 360 last.

Thank you so much.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I need some help with sizing for a Vass pair I am contemplating pulling the trigger on.
https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/vass-oxford-oxbloods-eu-44-f-last.9170/

Actually, before I get to the size question, does that not look like the U last rather than F last? The shoe is sized as 44F but not sure, I thought I could tell U from F by now and this does not look like F to me.

I wear 10UK in C&J and JL and 10.5/11E in G&G. Would this 44 Vass fit ok? My best fitting shoe I would say is the C&J 360 last.

Thank you so much.
I've never seen an F last look that square. Strange!

sforum1

Reaction score
I've never seen an F last look that square. Strange!

Thank you! I thought I was crazy. I may not be able to always tell TG73 from MH71 depending on the angle and shoe model but I thought I was able to tell U from F. Regardless of the angle. Hmm, but could it still be the angle? The owner of the shoes cannot solve the mystery. He only mentioned F in the description because it's written on the shoe.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I thought I was crazy. I may not be able to always tell TG73 from MH71 depending on the angle and shoe model but I thought I was able to tell U from F. Regardless of the angle. Hmm, but could it still be the angle? The owner of the shoes cannot solve the mystery. He only mentioned F in the description because it's written on the shoe.
I took another look and it's definitely not F. Could F be referring to the width?

refinery

Reaction score
@vriche I'm the seller of these shoes. I got them from another user that claimed for them to be the F last and I trusted the lining. I don't have any other experience with Vass shoes so I can't say much about its last or whatnot. I'm selling because I ended up losing a lot of weight so it's a bit too loose for my liking to keep now.

I am typically a US 10D. I have a pair of C&J Westbournes in UK9.5/US10 that fits me like a glove. You can use that as reference.

Sorry I'm not much of a help despite I have these shoes.

Bojan Zebic

Reaction score
@vriche I'm the seller of these shoes. I got them from another user that claimed for them to be the F last and I trusted the lining. I don't have any other experience with Vass shoes so I can't say much about its last or whatnot. I'm selling because I ended up losing a lot of weight so it's a bit too loose for my liking to keep now.

I am typically a US 10D. I have a pair of C&J Westbournes in UK9.5/US10 that fits me like a glove. You can use that as reference.

Sorry I'm not much of a help despite I have these shoes.

Ok guys just to sort out things, you read it wrong, so on the interior photo of the shoes you have all the data you need 00170213, 44F, Albi
so the first number denotes that date of the build 13th of February 2017., the second denotes size 44 and F-standard Vass widness, Albi is the guy who made the shoes, since these were made still while Rezső was there in 02/2017., this is the correct reading of the shoes, after he left and from around September they changed writing so the 44F now means size 44 on F-last.
So just to sum up these shoes are not F last.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Ok guys just to sort out things, you read it wrong, so on the interior photo of the shoes you have all the data you need 00170213, 44F, Albi
so the first number denotes that date of the build 13th of February 2017., the second denotes size 44 and F-standard Vass widness, Albi is the guy who made the shoes, since these were made still while Rezső was there in 02/2017., this is the correct reading of the shoes, after he left and from around September they changed writing so the 44F now means size 44 on F-last.

This is interesting stuff for shoe nerds like us Great to have a Vass expert on here!

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could always have the workshop add some fitting pieces to the toebox or instep of F. I’ve had this done to the toes and it turned out great.

You can also request G fitting and they will feather the last for you.

Thanks, that could be another option. It's a few mm I would need, I'm assuming fitting pieces would work for this whereas going to G would make it too wide?

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good stuff, I figured that F in this case must've meant the width. Looking at my latest F last pair of Vass, it says 00170927 40.5F Albi. It all makes sense now.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good stuff, I figured that F in this case must've meant the width. Looking at my latest F last pair of Vass, it says 00170927 40.5F Albi. It all makes sense now.

Ask the seller to take a picture of the shoe box. That will have the last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads