1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. fritzl

fritzl Stylish Dinosaur

of course not. from this angle it doesn't look like the budapest last. my bad.

2. Concordia

Concordia Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

If you wear metal heel plates while walking on marble floors, there's a fair chance that they will be a very prominent part of your look.

That said, the metal (or hard rubber) toe insert is a great idea if you walk as I do.

3. VRaivio

VRaivio Distinguished Member

Vass wholecuts in New Peter-last, single oak bark soles, black high shine-calfskin, nothing special. This last definitely has a lower instep than the F- or U-lasts. I've later added black leather tassels to the shoelaces, otherwise the model would be far too staid and, frankly, boring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Distinguished Member

I wear my metal toe plates on marble floors, (have to walk verrrry long hallways to my office each morning).
    Occasionally, it will make a sound as I drag the front of my toe. But, it doesn’t sound like the color guard is coming down the hallway or anything.

I would swear, that it has helped me lessen how much I drag the front toe of my shoes, because of the sound. So, there’s that.

5. Bojan Zebic

Bojan Zebic Well-Known Member

Wow your photos are really nice, and do I see well that you chose the welt stitching thread in contrasting colour?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018

6. Luigi_M

Luigi_M Senior Member

@VRaivio , nice shoes!
    I would call them essential and elegant, rather than boring.
    Wear them happily!

7. VRaivio

Thanks, all.

Bojan - this is a RTW pair so the welt stitching is black.

8. Camillo

Camillo Well-Known Member

I own Vass oxfords made on F last in G fit and want to go for a New Peter last. Could anyone compare P2 to F last in G fit? Especially if both lasts provides similar room in the instep? My oxfords fit me pretty well and there's almost na gap between the laces.

Thanks!

9. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

In my experience (also wide fittings), P2 and F (sized up .5 from P2) are similarly voluminous in the instep and vamp. Other than that, the fit is pretty different.

10. Bojan Zebic

Hey Camillo, I would say they would be around the same wideness as you have wider (g compared to f wideness) f-last so in P2 which are wider in their standard form they should work around the same.
    In the case of the instep on my feet they’re pretty similar even P2 has a bit more space, although you have a comment up there where it was said the opposite, so Vass charm:):)

11. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

People say P2 is wide fitting, but not in my experience. I wear E wide in Alden shoes, but had to go all the way up to H width to fit the Vass P2.

12. Bojan Zebic

Yep you’re totally right compared to the US and UK companies all of Vass shoes are pretty narrow even the widest models, but compared to Italian companies I was wearing before Vass they’re around the same widness just have higher instep generally which works for my feet best. Narrow lasts and higher instep. I guess our Mid European/Mediterranean feet are like that:):).
    One of my best friends a Japanese guy whom I took last spring to get his first couple of MTO’s at Vass due to the fact that Japanese have wider feet had to get a P2 for suits and Budapest last for jeans as he couldn’t get into F-last at all.

13. fritzl

fritzl Stylish Dinosaur

we need more of this ..., I mean every second sentence is about size advice, really?

I like the way this guy thinks, the hallways of pentagon, probably most of us won't be there, but its a landmark everyone recognises, right? ..., so if flushed toe plates are good for the pentagon, what else?

14. Man with a suitcase

Man with a suitcase Member

I came home from Budapest yesterday, walked right past one of the Vass stores in Pest. Meant to go in there on my lunch break but forgot.

15. VRaivio

Okay, great. Thank you for letting us know.