The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. El Fede

El Fede Member

Hello. Looking into purchasing another pair of Vass boots, High Boots on last 3636 :) Jeeves describes the last as "Extra wide toe box", was wondering if any of you has experience with this last and if it was TTS or if you sized down half a size. Thank you!

2. El Fede

El Fede Member

Thanks! Did you take your normal brannock lenght size then?

3. jokb

jokb Senior member

If you have wide feet, I'd go true to size. If not, is consider a different last.

4. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

I got the wrong size (as you can see from my signature). I am on the shorter side of US 8, with a wide forefoot. My Carminas are Forest NSTs in 7EEE and are a little snug, Cheaneys in 7G wear a little loose. I bought a 41 in Vass, but as many people have reported on this thread the "official" size conversions are a little off at the smaller end of the scale, and so they ended up being a bit large. I think if I had bought a 40.5 I'd have a great fitting shoe.

I think jokb is right. My issue was with the EU size conversion, but even if I had bought the "correct" length it would still be much too wide I think for an average foot.

5. leather2354

leather2354 Member

Hello,

I wear G&G UK6
    Carmina Uk5.5

What size should I pick with F last?

6. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wear the same size in 3636 as P2, although the 3636 is noticeably wider. Too much so, for my current taste.

7. El Fede

El Fede Member

Thanks! I normally favor wider lasts, or actually, my left foot does. It's a bit on the wider side and the pinky begins 3-4 mm more frontwards than the right pinky. If the shoes/boots fit perfect on the right foot, there will be discomfort on the left foot. Always. If I do it the other way is the lesser or evils, I have no patience for too snug. I would love to wear sleek elongated lasts, right now I have 2 pairs of said lasts, one black captoe and one brown for black tie/weddings. For everyday use I have a few on C&J 325, Carmina Detroit, Vass P2, etc. and a couple of Red Wing 1907 beaters that fit occasionally odd on the left, it's a hate/love thing.

Normally I wear 9UK, however I must add that in some lasts that are adverstised as "generous toebox" or "ample toebox" I am 8.5UK (Carmina Detroit, C&J 365, etc). In Vass Galway P2 I make a 9UK, perhaps slightly bigger than say Carmina Jumpers also in 9UK....which raises my question whether I should take the 3636's in 8.5UK....aaahhhhh ggggrrrrr!

Cheers!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017

8. El Fede

El Fede Member

Thank you!
    Sorry to hear about that, it's not nice when one ends up with a poor fitting pair.

9. El Fede

El Fede Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

This thread has been too quiet lately! Allow me to share my Vass budapesters on a rainy Wednesday:

IMG_1159.JPG

11. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

[​IMG]

12. jmonroestyle

jmonroestyle Senior member

I just received these new Vass shoes today. They are style 1006 made on the 3636 last. There was both a size 45 and 45.5 available. After doing some extensive Styleforum research, I opted for the 45.5. It's a good thing I did, as they fit just fine. The size 45 would have definitely been too small.

For reference, I wear the Alden Plaza last in a size US 11.5 D, the Heschung Odeon last in a UK 11, and the Crockett and Jones 365 last in a size UK 11.

I am thinking that the Vass 3636 last is the best Vass last for me, as it is snug fitting in the heel, yet fuller fitting in the ball through toe area. Size 45.5 in this last is generous fitting enough to accommodate a full length Black Superfeet orthotic.

These were the only RTW Vass shoes that I was able to find already made up on the 3636 last in a size 45.5 anywhere on the internet. It looks like any future Vass shoes for me will have to be MTO.

IMG_0836.JPG IMG_0839.JPG IMG_0844.JPG

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 6:46 PM