The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. sliq

sliq Senior member

maiden voyage - F last oxblood austerity brogue. I've wanted austerity brogues for many years, and to have these in my rotation, I truly am stoked. Thanks to Skeen for an effortless transaction (these were the ones he had FS). He is a top guy to deal with for sales. Kudos to him. He even threw in a free tin of Saphir!

I've had 41.5 and 42 F last shoes (I wear 42 U last and 8uk in the 337 last); I've found with the 41.5 it is a perfect snug fit which required a lot of breaking in. My heels would be butchered with average thickness socks and the vamp on my right foot would cause a bit of pain by the end of the day. Thanks to the members here who suggested I cover the shoe tree with an invisible sock whilst not wearing the shoes. It worked a treat in stretching out the leather that tiny bit more, making my favourite shoes now wearable.

IMG_5284.JPG

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017 at 5:10 AM
  2. Meyboom

Meyboom Senior member

Great shoes, those sold very quickly (while I was still drooling over them :)) Normally I am not that much into austerity brogues (I often feel they miss something... brogueing perhaps?) but the F last makes them very good looking. Very nice batch of oxblood leather as well, not too dark/almost black like some other batches.

3. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

Seriously. If I could be guaranteed to receive oxblood in the same shade of @sliq's shoes, I'd place an order today.

4. sliq

sliq Senior member

I agree. I myself was a bit skeptical about the colour; like many of their other colours eg museum gold, antique cognac, oxblood can look different under different lighting.

5. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

I sent some chukkas back to be resoled and they have been sitting Hungarian Customs since 6/12. Anyone have any suggestions?

6. deez shoes

deez shoes Senior member

When I sent my pair of shoes for resole they must have sat in customs for maybe a week before FedEx called to inform me that they were having a hard time contacting the receiving party. I informed Rezső and he reassured me that this was standard practice and he'd take care of it. Which he did...because he's awesome.

I'd say reach out to Vass but, since it appears that they're in a transition period, maybe call fed ex first.

7. Kierrane

Kierrane Well-Known Member

Just wait. This is quite normal

8. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I didn't know Vass performs resoles. I will keep this in mind.

Haven't been in the Vass pipeline recently but sad to hear Mr. Kuti is leaving (left?). I assume the sales manager replacement is the transition people are referring to.

9. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Senior member

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

um.

can't really see the shoes.

really like that shirt collar, though. suit fits great, too.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017 at 2:39 PM