The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Vadim T

Vadim T Member

MTO via Jeeves store
    3636 last shortish, my size 11.5uk ordered 45.5
    I think need to order 46 size.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

3. AdductorMagnus

AdductorMagnus Well-Known Member

Picked up today. I amended my order, the day after placing it, to a HAF sole instead of the Dainite but it didn't stick. Probably for the best anyway, considering the norwegian climate. 20170512_163819.jpg

4. Jazzmenco

Jazzmenco Senior member

It's been a while since I took these out for a ride.
    20170515_113735.jpg 20170515_113558.jpg

5. AdductorMagnus

AdductorMagnus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Would anyone have an idea what fabric is on the shaft on this Dimitri Gomez boot? Linen canvas? I'm contemplating dropping by the shop and ask Mr Kuti if they'd make me a similar pair if I source the shaft material. Paying Dimitri Gomez €3000 is not an option.

6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

IMG_7356.JPG IMG_7380.JPG Yesterday P2 Budapesters. Today F monkka boots.

7. Notch

Notch Senior member Affiliate Vendor

By the time of June or July, we will do a GMTO for any Valway boot configuration. Suede/calf, scotchgrain/calf, cordovan...

Those that are interested can contact us in advance, to get their orders in as soon as the GMTO opens.

8. John Grady Cole

John Grady Cole Senior member

9. Notch

Notch Senior member Affiliate Vendor

There is one that I know of:

[​IMG]

10. DavidAE

DavidAE Active Member

K vs U vs S. I know this topic was covered multiple times, but still confused. Can anybody chimed in on fit and look issues, please?

11. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

So what is the general view on Vass these days? I've heard from people that the quality control has gone down, that they sometimes get details wrong etc. Is there anything to this? Currently considering getting a pair of calf derbies when they come to Stockholm. I have high hopes that the P2 last will fit me well, unlike 99% av all other lasts which are to narrow. Either a pair of split toes in grain or a pair of alt wiens.

12. cypi2

cypi2 Senior member

First off, let me say that I like Vass shoes, and, my experience with them is mixed:

I have never had any issues with their RTW shoes which I bought through some of their agents or retailers. Almost every pair had some very minor defect such as the punching of the brogueing not being aligned in some places. But, I never found anything nearly bad enough that I returned the shoes given their overall quality and good looks.

On the other hand, I will most likely stay away from their MTO program: Out of the 4 MTO I ordered from Vass, 3 had to be redone, in one instance twice, because of major issues such as the color being wrong (black instead of blue), the size or the width being so wrong that I could barely put on the boots or a rather big hole in one shaft of one boot (I am currently waiting for two pairs of MTO that are being redone).

To be fair, I should say that Vass always readily accepted to redo the faulty MTOs and never asked any questions

Also, I should mention that I have checked with other posters who have ordered quite many more pairs of MTO shoes from Vass than I did. And, their experiences were quite different from mine.

I remember one fellow poster mentioning that he had ordered close to 20 pairs of MTO from them, and that he never had to return a single pair. So, it may be that I am going through a streak of bad luck with Vass’ MTO program.

In all, I intend to continue to buy Vass shoes and boots, but, I will limit myself to buying RTW from their retailers or their agents as this seems to guarantee that the shoes will meet my expectations in terms of color, size and quality.

13. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I love vass shoes. I find the quality of design and construction to be a tremendous value. Plus, the customer service is always amazing.

Having said this, 3 of my 5 MTOs had very minor missed specs (eyelets instead of blind, 270 instead of 360 welt). I didn't find these quibbles significant enough to complain about.

I will definitely order from them again.

14. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

Thanks for the advice. I was planning on sticking to a stock model, or at least very close to one, so the room for error seems small and I shall proceed without fear or hesitation.

15. troika

troika Senior member

Does anyone find that boots fit a little smaller than shoes? A loafer and a brogue in 43 on f last fit great, but the massdrop thessainer boot in 43 on f was a bit short in length