1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. apropos

apropos Distinguished Member

Thanks again Pliny. [​IMG]

(BTW - elder or younger? Har har har. [​IMG] )

2. apropos

apropos Distinguished Member

One more thing - while looking through the photos of various Vass calf colours in this thread I found it difficult to compare them due to obvious differences in lighting, flash, etc So with a bit of spare time on my hands, I came up with this: [​IMG] Maybe this may help someone else - all photos are from the online Vass catalogue. While I cannot vouch for the objective colour accuracy of the photo as I have no information about what sort of photography setup Vass used, at the very least one would be able to compare the colours to each other given the lighting/setup should have been identical for each shoe.

3. luk-cha

luk-cha Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

i'd say 90% true to color

4. hst

hst Senior Member

One more thing - while looking through the photos of various Vass calf colours in this thread I found it difficult to compare them due to obvious differences in lighting, flash, etc

So with a bit of spare time on my hands, I came up with this:

[​IMG]

Maybe this may help someone else - all photos are from the online Vass catalogue.

While I cannot vouch for the objective colour accuracy of the photo as I have no information about what sort of photography setup Vass used, at the very least one would be able to compare the colours to each other given the lighting/setup should have been identical for each shoe.

This is really useful. Thanks!

5. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Distinguished Member

This is really useful. Thanks!

+1.

6. kolecho

kolecho Distinguished Member

i'd say 90% true to color
    Agreed. 6125 Cognac has a little more red in it and Cognac is more orange,

7. brax

brax Senior Member

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

is it Kolecho whom i should order through?

Also, how much do the boots (calf) run these days?

I'm imagining a brown austerity brogue boot on the F last...

9. clee1982

clee1982 Distinguished Member

One more thing - while looking through the photos of various Vass calf colours in this thread I found it difficult to compare them due to obvious differences in lighting, flash, etc

[​IMG]

Maybe this may help someone else - all photos are from the online Vass catalogue.

While I cannot vouch for the objective colour accuracy of the photo as I have no information about what sort of photography setup Vass used, at the very least one would be able to compare the colours to each other given the lighting/setup should have been identical for each shoe.

perfect, now just need to decide oxblood or bordeaux

10. mr monty

mr monty Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

They also have a beautiful shade of navy[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ I love that damn shoe so much.

12. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior Member

Hey guys, does anyone know where I can find a pic with all of the vass calf leather colours?

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys, does anyone know where I can find a pic with all of the vass calf leather colours?

I hope you are joking - its 4 posts on top of you. That question and your name made me lol. [​IMG]

So if it was a joke, well done.

14. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior Member

I hope you are joking - its 4 posts on top of you. That question and your name made me lol. [​IMG] So if it was a joke, well done.
    haha, yes of course I was joking -- just having a little fun since the image was quoted so many times in a row. Now for a real question. Any sizing comparisons between F last and C&J 341? In particular, I'm wondering about width and how elongated the F last is in comparison to the C&J 341. Thanks.

15. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Distinguished Member

I'll just leave these here... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]