• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

andrel42

Reaction score
Great, thanks - that's very helpful. I was thinking 42.5, but I was hoping to get some confirmation. I might go try on a pair of AEs in a 10 to see how they fit, since some of the Vass pairs that I'm lusting for are a 43.

Thanks again,
Steve
@SteveL91 and I am a 10.5D in AE and mostly a 44EUR in Vass. Keep in mind that with handgrade shoes the sizing does tend to vary I find particularly on the width (depending on the tightness of the "pulling" on the last). Same thing with G&G where I have had in some cases different sizes on the same last. I am guessing a 43 should be right for you at least length wise!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, thanks Zap. I was thinking of trying something like that.

Also, if you've got a good cobbler nearby they can help. The cobbler here that repairs my shoes for me is excellent. On the narrower lasts, he puts a stretcher in and adds the bunion pieces. They have always turned out perfectly; of course I do this because I don't trust myself to not screw up and make them too wide...lol

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share sizing advice for Vass Cordovan shoes? I wear a 43.5 F last in calf, but could go no larger at all due to the high instep. I am wondering if there is a similar volume increase on Vass Cordovan shoes like some other makers and if I should drop to 43 in F last for Cordovan. Thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the same size in vass calf and shell, I see no real difference. I will say that their suede does stretch a little more than the others but not enough to merit a downsize
I appreciate the feedback. My concern is that I couldnt wear f last in 43.5 with ANY additional volume in the shoe, so I was hoping to understand if Vass Cordovan generally had greater volume than calf like a lot of other makers.

SteveL91

Reaction score

@SteveL91
and I am a 10.5D in AE and mostly a 44EUR in Vass. Keep in mind that with handgrade shoes the sizing does tend to vary I find particularly on the width (depending on the tightness of the "pulling" on the last). Same thing with G&G where I have had in some cases different sizes on the same last. I am guessing a 43 should be right for you at least length wise!

Thanks for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it!

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Vass fans

I will be in Budapest next week and my hotel is not much more than 50m from the Vass shop. Oh dear!

Has anyone subscribing to this thread bought from the shop? I am wondering what sort of RTW lines they might have in their shop?

Thanks for any information you might have.

Mike

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Vass fans

I will be in Budapest next week and my hotel is not much more than 50m from the Vass shop. Oh dear!

Has anyone subscribing to this thread bought from the shop? I am wondering what sort of RTW lines they might have in their shop? 

Thanks for any information you might have.

Mike
Go to shop get sized if you don't know your size and then try on shoes then buy whatever you & if they don't have some thing get it mto & delivered to your home enjoy.

Jorge

Reaction score
You have good Vass, ;) ... and you have excellent taste in pavement.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what color calf is that with the two tone boot with burgundy suede?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.