The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

My first pair of Vass on the Budapest last will be coming in a few months. Can't wait!

I keep going back and forth between which last is best for their traditional NST. Depends on my mood! Look forward to getting one someday.

2. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Some photos of the Vass NST on the Budapest last...me likey... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

4. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Really really like those first ones.
    Me too! But since I have the EG Dover on order in Chestnut I don't really "need" them. The same Vass NST in another color? Well, that's a necessity. :^)

5. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

What's that mid brown pebble grain color on that second shoe? Very nice.

6. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

If my coming Budapesters fit as well as I remember, I may have to re-try the Norwegers on that last. Very nice looking-- much nicer than the pic on their website.

7. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Those pebble split toes are cool. What's the sizing like on the P2 last compared to F? do people take the same size in both? Sorry, I'm too lazy to search right now.

8. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

the shark mouth is rather sharp, imo.

what makes you think that?

oh just that a shoe lover should stick to his last - It's not like I can step around the corner and try the 3636, we don't all live within a few kms of shoe-making legends, more's the pity [​IMG]

Can anyone pm me their contact for Vass and current pricing? I don't know if what I have is current.

I've had no luck contacting Vass direct. You can try Budapester Schuhe at about 500 Euro, or Kolecho, a forum member, who is sending off a bulk order at the end of this month. PM if you want details.

Those pebble split toes are cool. What's the sizing like on the P2 last compared to F? do people take the same size in both? Sorry, I'm too lazy to search right now.

!! see my post previous page :) I'm same size in both. I agree re: the pebble grain. could well be one of the nicest casual high end shoes, although pebble takes a shine

9. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Me too! But since I have the EG Dover on order in Chestnut I don't really "need" them. The same Vass NST in another color? Well, that's a necessity. :^)

Dover in Chestnut will be something. I think this NST (sorry bout crappy repro) from Demeter Halmos are worth considering :

[​IMG]

10. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Me too! But since I have the EG Dover on order in Chestnut I don't really "need" them.

drop the dover order [​IMG]

11. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

oh just that a shoe lover should stick to his last - It's not like I can step around the corner and try the 3636, we don't all live within a few kms of shoe-making legends, more's the pity [​IMG]

probably just a few km. all in all it's a fourteen hour road-trip including the last- and treemaker. a bit of work mixed with pleasure.

my personal experience with vass is pretty limited, their availability in vienna is unsettled. the one pair, i tried on was wonderful and i have an imagination of the fit, cause i handled a lot of shoes out of the classic last families. the 3636 should be the "same" like the budapest last, without the distinct(high) toe box.

all my shoes are fitted after the break in phase. so what's the deal? i presume that the consensus of the people here is, that a shoe has to fit right out of the box. agreed, this is in an ideal (shoe)world. if you take your time and learn about the few indicators to interpret measurements, a lot of sizing discussions would become dispensable.

12. geoffmartin17

[​IMG][/IMG] Vass suede austerity brogue. SHameless plug, because i'm selling them...

13. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

although, i am a derby man myself. i like them a lot.

14. geoffmartin17

Funny, as i want to sell them only to re-order more vass but in derby form...

15. rioni

rioni Senior member

If those suede f-lasts fit, you are crazy to sell them.