The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

This thread needs more photos.

2. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

This thread needs more photos.

take new pictures and post them for us to enjoy or laugh at then [​IMG]

3. bogg81

bogg81 Member

Can someone tell me what's the price range for Vass shoes in their store in Budapest? I live in Belgrade, which is not far away, so I am wondering wheather I shoud travel there just because of the shoes.

Thanks.

4. banis

banis Senior member

Can someone tell me what's the price range for Vass shoes in their store in Budapest? I live in Belgrade, which is not far away, so I am wondering wheather I shoud travel there just because of the shoes.

Thanks.

Browse this thread. There were indications of price in Budapest. IIRC, it was 95,000 - 125,000 HUF.
    If you pay cash, they'll give you a 10% discount.

5. bogg81

bogg81 Member

Browse this thread. There were indications of price in Budapest. IIRC, it was 95,000 - 125,000 HUF.
    If you pay cash, they'll give you a 10% discount.

Thanks.

6. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

take new pictures and post them for us to enjoy or laugh at then [​IMG]

Sheesh. Do I have to do everything myself? :^)

Here are some photos in the natural light of the double-monks I put up on B&S before the tongue pad worked its magic. The Saddle Shell is AWESOME!

Since the last shots were on a crappy camera phone here you can really see the color.

These will likely be my last pair on the U-last as, like others on the forum, I've definitely been gravitating more towards round toes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. someotherstyle

someotherstyle Senior member

Does the F-last have a lower instep than the U-last? Width of the shoe and length is optimal, but I hate having to use a tongue pad on my U-lasts.

8. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Does the F-last have a lower instep than the U-last? Width of the shoe and length is optimal, but I hate having to use a tongue pad on my U-lasts.
    I would say it has a SLIGHTLY lower one. Still higher than most english shoes. IMO Those cordovan monks are sexy. F last would be better though, methinks

9. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

I would say it has a SLIGHTLY lower one. Still higher than most english shoes. IMO

Those cordovan monks are sexy. F last would be better though, methinks

I'd say that's a fair assessment regarding the instep.

Glad you like the monks! I vacillated between doing the F and U and decided on the U primarily because of the higher instep which I need for my left foot. The tongue pads were more for my feet sliding forward just to the side of where my instep is higher.

10. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Here are some photos in the natural light of the double-monks I put up on B&S before the tongue pad worked its magic. The Saddle Shell is AWESOME!

These will likely be my last pair on the U-last as, like others on the forum, I've definitely been gravitating more towards round toes.

these look great - I'm def going F and P2 too although nothing beats the sharpness of the U

11. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

These are incoming. Is this the P2 (New Peter) last? [​IMG]

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

These are incoming.

[​IMG]

After pics are required.

13. luk-cha

Since the last shots were on a crappy camera phone here you can really see the color.

good man!

i might do some new pictures for you over the weekend - just depends if i need to hunt for salt[​IMG]

14. luk-cha

I'd say that's a fair assessment regarding the instep.

Glad you like the monks! I vacillated between doing the F and U and decided on the U primarily because of the higher instep which I need for my left foot. The tongue pads were more for my feet sliding forward just to the side of where my instep is higher.

i never found this to be tru, i think it is more the cut of the design than the U or F last differences as the should be the same in the instep the only difference is the toe shape

unless you have the same design, in the same size, in the same color but one on the F the other ont he U then i think it is easier to generals this statement

if you feet are sliding forward it could be that the instep is too high and the shoe is too wide

dont forget that these are italian design lasts and they generally prfer the lacing to close fully where as the english brands like a good V at the lacing which adds greater support for those with flatter feet

15. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Agree with son of saphir re balance

These are incoming.

Is this the P2 (New Peter) last?

Lollllllll