1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. beargonefishing

beargonefishing Senior member

As Notch noticed, they actually stop short of the typical 270 degree stich so it is closer to 180 degrees. They really look good, but I have no idea how they will fit (fingers crossed).

Incidentally, I would like to thank (curse?) everyone on this forum for educating (indoctrinating?) me on proper high quality shoes. I used to think Cole Haan was high end. I cannot say how much I appreciate (hate?) it.

2. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Gotcha. It was kinda hard to see on the photo.

3. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

Didn´t know about this. Shell must tear badly while stitching but I wear them like hard beaters.

4. Mrlol

Mrlol Senior member

hi
    I'm about to order a pair of vass f shoes in size 42 but with size 43 instep, so a mto order. I just got a couple of questions before i do, is there a risk that the shoe will be too big after a while, lets say the heel gets slippery?

i tried out size 43 and the instep was good here no pain. size 42 it was to tight with pain

what do u guys think?

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Announcement: Ascot Shoes has been taking advantage and exploiting Styleforum and the Styleforum community for a while now without giving anything back, including, but not restricted to having multiple unauthorized accounts for the purpose of commercial solicitation via PM (against the rules even for affiliates to protect our members from spam); and it has just come to our attention.

Until otherwise told by me or another authorized Styleforum officer, please do not support Ascot shoes. There are other affiliate vendors who have not deliberately circumvented the rules of Styleforum who offer Vass shoes. I would urge you to support those vendors.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    8 people like this.
  6. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Fok,

Any insight on the issues that Ascot is running afoul of that you can share?

7. LA Guy

I banned a few accounts that had been used to promote the Vass GMTOs via PM, something that is not allowed, even by affiliates. Both the multiple accounts and the direct PM solicitations are completely against our rules.

A while back, they had asked about becoming an affiliate, but I guess that they decided that it was more profitable to skirt the rules and gain the benefits paying for any affiliate sponsorship fees, which are a large part of what make it possible for us to run the forum. Not only is this unfair to both the Styleforum business and to our affiliate vendors, but direct and unwanted solicitation via PM is highly detrimental to the integrity of the forum.

They have also been representing themselves as members of good standing in this community on social media, and implied an association with the forum. That is not strictly illegal, but shows a lack of integrity or honesty.

Cheers,

Fok

1 person likes this.
  8. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Yikes! I did not know that.

Are all direct solicitations against the rules or only from so-called business?

9. LA Guy

Direct solicitations are generally against the rules. It's the equivalent of telemarketing (and no one likes that). If someone asks you (a private member) about a B&S item, that is something else altogether. If someone has posted that they would like something in the open forum, and you (a private member) have that thing for sale, it would also be appropriate to tell them. However, unrequested solicitation is definitely not okay.

Cheers,

Fok,

1 person likes this.
  10. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

They've also been charging inflated prices for Vass when it's no more difficult to just write to Rezso, so fuck them. Good that SF management caught it.

5 people like this.
  11. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Ive had some really bad experiences with them so I am glad that they were finally banned. I never wish the worst for anyone but someone who knows they are sliding the system deserve to be punished.

/rant

12. Woofa

Woofa Senior member

Just received these beauties from member slewfoot. My first pair of Vass and I could not be happier.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Don't their prices START at like $800 excluding shipping, factoring in conversion rates?

14. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

And shipping is like $40 usd.

Their ebay account has Vass selling for almost G&G prices.

1 person likes this.
  15. jokb

jokb Senior member

Nice! Enjoy those beauties!

16. ktown

ktown Senior member

I thought that starting some time in 2014 US customers had to go through US or foreign retailers. Is that now not the case? It's the main thing that has stopped me from ordering more.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  17. beargonefishing

beargonefishing Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New Oxford's delivered today. They fit like a glove and look great.

2 people like this.
  18. sliq

sliq Senior member

My Vass oxfords are slightly tight in the heel area to the point where I get sores and need a file to file down the hardened skin and it is god awful painful to walk in unless I wear thin socks. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can break them in quicker? They fit snug. F fit.

19. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

You could try putting a loafer sock over the heel of your shoe trees, or adding a piece of cloth or bandaid to the tree in the area you need relief from. Over time that should stretc things out just fine.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  20. sliq

sliq Senior member

That's a great idea! I'll try that out. Cheers!