1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Distinguished Member

Fwiw, I measured and all the shoes in my closet apparently suffer from this same abomination (~1 cm).

Just looked at all my shoes which are mostly from Vass and EG and they vary with some toes being lower and some being higher off the ground.

TC - seems like we better put our shoes up on B&S fast!

But in all seriousness, these are handmade products and I expect these small kinds of variances. It's part of the game. The same thing happens with custom suits. Even from the same maker each product has small differences due to the fabric being used, tailor"s mood on the day of cutting, specific sewer finishing the details, etc. All of these details add up to the character of that particular garment or pair of shoes. That's not a fault in my book.

2. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Distinguished Member

Just looked at all my shoes which are mostly from Vass and EG and they vary with some toes being lower and some being higher off the ground.

TC - seems like we better put our shoes up on B&S fast!

But in all seriousness, these are handmade products and I expect these small kinds of variances. It's part of the game. The same thing happens with custom suits. Even from the same maker each product has small differences due to the fabric being used, tailor"s mood on the day of cutting, specific sewer finishing the details, etc. All of these details add up to the character of that particular garment or pair of shoes. That's not a fault in my book.

I suspect it might have something to do with my feet. It's just too much of a coincidence that they all measure pretty much the same. I wore the Vass around my office for a while before I took them off and snapped pics.

3. fritzl

fritzl Stylish Dinosaur

I suspect it might have something to do with my feet. It's just too much of a coincidence that they all measure pretty much the same. I wore the Vass around my office for a while before I took them off and snapped pics.

omg, what have i done? atm, i feel sorry for the confusion. i just thought guys, who are so picky about their clothes are more careful with their footwear, nvm.

the good news. your feet won't get crippled right now.

walk on.

4. fritzl

fritzl Stylish Dinosaur

---

amen, see above

5. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Distinguished Member

omg, what have i done? atm, i feel sorry for the confusion. i just thought guys, who are so picky about their clothes are more careful with their footwear, nvm.

the good news. your feet won't get crippled right now.

walk on.

Don't feel bad at all, I'm glad to understand more about the craftsmanship even if I determine that a detail like this is not a big issue for me. So I really appreciate your comments.

6. fritzl

fritzl Stylish Dinosaur

Don't feel bad at all, I'm glad to understand more about the craftsmanship even if I determine that a detail like this is not a big issue for me. So I really appreciate your comments.

you're a good sports. cheers.

7. Concordia

Concordia Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Someone in the last 50 pages might have said already, but what is the best current way to be in touch with the Budapest shop? E-mail, fax, or risking the phone?

8. brax

brax Senior Member

U last, Oxblood boxcalf, Redenback soles and metal toe taps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice but I would have gone with a single sole. To me, a single sole looks better on an oxford.

9. Yooxaddict73

Yooxaddict73 Well-Known Member

Someone in the last 50 pages might have said already, but what is the best current way to be in touch with the Budapest shop? E-mail, fax, or risking the phone?

E-mail as always. Shipping to US will most likely to get hit with large tax. US government is hungry for cash right now like a crack whore in withdrawal.

10. nmprisons

nmprisons Distinguished Member

. . .

11. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Distinguished Member

U last, Oxblood boxcalf, Redenback soles and metal toe taps

Nice

12. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Distinguished Member

London Chukka in Dark Brown shell cordovan with natural soles with topy and 360 Goyser welt on the P2 last with an HAF sole. Fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Might have to DTO these...

13. Notch

Notch Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Three new pair of shoes: Vass U last oxblood oxford 43: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Vass New Peter last Theresianer dark brown 46: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Vass New Peter last budapest model 43.5 antique cognac [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Tom

14. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Distinguished Member

Might have to DTO these...

No problem! Feel free to do so anytime. Glad you like them.

15. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Distinguished Member

Three new pair of shoes:

Vass U last oxblood oxford 43:

[​IMG]

I can safely say that I will never be able to get behind the Peter last but these on the other hand are lovely [​IMG]