• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is it called? It is a feature of the handwelted shoe. Every shoe is unique.

cakv

Reaction score
It's Vass' trademark.
Sarcasm or no sarcasm? and in a good way or bad way?

If I received shoes like that, I wouldn't be happy :[ Is it legitimate enough a concern to VASS to send them back? Or is it something you can request special attention to when making the order?

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sarcasm or no sarcasm? and in a good way or bad way?

If I received shoes like that, I wouldn't be happy :[ Is it legitimate enough a concern to VASS to send them back? Or is it something you can request special attention to when making the order?

Unfortunately the latter. Although, personally I've handled multiple pair of Vass shoes and none of them have featured an askewed cap toe except one, which was bought from a retailer and not directly by Vass (not that it matters, but still worth pointing out). But I've seen this problem on multiple pairs, some of them in this thread.

I'm sure you could request extra attention. And I'm fairly sure that Vass would replace them for you if you pointed it out. Vass is usually a pleasure to deal with.

Last edited:

Gavinband

Reaction score
Gents,

A couple more close up pics. Think it looks awful? Jet lag is ruining my vision.

I can always email Rezso, he is great to deal with...

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

A couple more close up pics. Think it looks awful? Jet lag is ruining my vision.

I can always email Rezso, he is great to deal with...

Well, it is not that bad to me. I would wear them if it´s a hassle for you to replace them (better option).

Gavinband

Reaction score
I have sent the pics to Rezso. I am pretty sure if there is something up or I am not happy that I can send them back via fedex on the Vass account. The colour is lovely though!

hazwanazani

Reaction score
It's up to you really. Personally I wouldn't mind it as leather is quite forgiving once you wear them. Creases will form and it won't be as noticeable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads