1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Did you size down a half size from (what would have been) your F last size for the P2 boots?

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. metranger8694

Well, I just did.

I'll report later.

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

That's the common wisdom. Though I went down one full size for P2. 43.5 vs 44.5 F. Both H width. Guess it Depends on your foot shape. I need more toe width.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  4. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Sorry I just saw the post. I take a 43 in P2. I probably needed a 43.5 in the F but I wore them kinda small. That's why I'm selling my norwegers. Sucks but they kill my feet

5. metranger8694

No worries!

I took a 44 in a Vass Double Monk and now a 43.5 in a P2 boot.

I have feet on the narrow side of D and Rezso thought going down a half size was proper.

6. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

And I think my foot is the opposite. I have a slightly wider foot and narrow heel.

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

8. arglist

arglist Senior member

Hi guys

It's been some time. I'm thinking about ordering a pair of brown full brogue oxford boots and am uncertain about which colour boxcalf to order. I have a pair in "6125 dark cognac" and a pair in "antic cognac". I'd like my next pair to be slightly darker than the antic cognac but not too dark.

Anbody has a photo (or a link to) a pair made of what's called "Calf leather brown" on Vass's site? It seems this is the mid brown boxcalf they offer?

https://vass-shoes.com/en/howtoorder#text-4

Interestingly there's no model in this colour shown on the site and I can't find any pics on the interwebz.

Thank you kindly

arglist

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

10. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

I've had the same experience. In P2 I'm 45.5 but 46.5 in F to allow room for my duck feet. It looks like I'm ready for the ski slopes.

11. arglist

arglist Senior member

Thank you for your answer. Are you sure the shoe in you link is really what Vass calls brown? I'm asking because it is sold as "dark brown".

Vass has "Calf leather dark brown" and "Calf leather brown" on their site. I'm looking for a pic of the latter as I'm guessing it's in between dark brown and the cognacs.

Sorry for being pedantic. I have not seen it being discussed in this thread, though.

arglist

12. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I think the only mid brown Vass has right now is walnut museum.

13. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Antique cognac too

14. arglist

arglist Senior member

Guys, please have a look at the 4th leather sample icon under this link (as compared to the 7th).

https://vass-shoes.com/en/howtoorder#text-4

I get the impression that this colour flew under the styleforum's radar. Or are you saying they don't have it although displaying it on the site?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  15. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I take a half size smaller in P2 versus F as well.

1 person likes this.
  16. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

That certainly reflects what I would describe as mid-brown. The 4th swatch linked two posts above still looks pretty damned dark to me. @arglist if that is the colour you want then just go for it and don't get wrapped up in whether anyone else thinks that is "mid-brown" or not.

17. metranger8694

The boots that I just ordered are in the dark brown calf. Can dress up with suits or dress down with denim.......It looks to be a beautiful rich brown and different enough from black. And even though I live in S.Fl. I wear boots year round. Mostly Vibergs though...

I did some reading up and the opinions I read thought that dark brown would be very versatile. Maybe even more versatile than a mid brown(such as Vass brown)...

Opinions I read thought could go well with grey and navy suits, most colored dress and caz. trousers and even blue, grey and black(although I'd prob wear black boots) denim.

For folks here who have brown and dark brown Vass, or other company's, do you feel there is a difference in versatility in what you can pair either with color-wise?

I'm not too concerned but I wonder if the dark brown calf leather will lighten even a little with sun and wear.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  18. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

That dark brown aint gonna lighten.

I own a pair of dark brown v-tip Adelaides and used to own a pair of dark brown boots. Overall I find mid brown shades more versatile but that is neither here nor there as I seek versatility in the overall rotation, not in each individual pair. And the dark brown is a lovely shade unto itself.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. arglist

arglist Senior member

Thanks for the reply, @RogerP. I value your input a lot since I realize you own one and a half pair of those Vass (or even two?)

However, my problem is that I can't find a picture of said colour, so I don't know if it's the one I want. I was in the shop in October but stupidly did not think of asking. I like the dark museum brown but I prefer the leather quality of the regular boxcalf Vass uses (I have shoes in both leathers from Vass.

20. metranger8694

Thanks. The top pair is the one I am ordering on the P2. They look great! Are they in dark brown?

Is there any color trouser or denim you would avoid wearing them with?

Any that you find particularly shines with that boot?