• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to go up in U. FWIW for me a 43 in F fits great, 43 in P2 is fine but a little roomy, 43.5 in U is great.
I have to go up in U. FWIW for me a 43 in F fits great, 43 in P2 is fine but a little roomy, 43.5 in U is great. When I first tried U I had ordered a 43 from NMWA and it was way too tight in the toes (and maybe overall volume too, I can't remember exactly). Sizing up to 43.5 worked for me. Obviously there isn't a consensus on this, but that's what I wear.

And to add to the Vass sizing confusion, I wear 43 in U, F and K but go down to 42.5 for P2.

Fred, let me know how those 43 F last chukkas fit.

Last edited:

Sammy - Ascot

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Same as RogerP - I take the same size in F, K and U lasts. Fortunately for me I don't find U or K confining in the toe. Initially I sized 0.5 up for the K on my first attempt at Vass due to opinions on here and my own research but was too big. Nothing will beat trying on physically and determining what works for you.
+1 "Nothing will beat trying on physically and determining what works for you"

Sammy - Ascot

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
And to add to the Vass sizing confusion, I wear 43 in U, F and K but go down to 42.5 for P2.

Prior to Vass Isetan collaboration with Roberto Ugolino, most of their last were the spacious and wider fitting lasts, now we have 2 set of last family to choose from.

For people with preference to the slim average width fitting shoes, the:
U; K and S lasts are the default choice.

Gents who prefer the toe space and wider fitting last you have the following:
3636, Peter P2, R, Budapestor.

I would say the F last sits in between the 2 family.

iDoc

Reaction score

Thanks! That's perfect. I expected a would be 42 in P2 since I am 8D on alden barrie, 7.5UK carmina rain and 8UK EG but it was too long. 41.5 was slightly snug but really good now.

I am 8 on Alden Barrie and 7.5UK on Rain and the 41 fit me better than 41.5 on New Peter so I am not surprised by your findings

Looking for P2 sizing help. I wear Alden Barrie 8D and Carmina Rain 7.5UK as well. Debating between 41 and 41.5 for Vass P2. Any thoughts one way or the other?

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my pair that fits really well.
F last
Size 43

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my pair that fits really well.
F last
Size 43
I have the exact same model, and in fact wore my today also. I'd say the facings on your pair are more closed than on my pair (I've wore my pair 5-7 times). Thus, you might get away with the same size. Vass is tricky. I'll let others shime in as well.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not usually a big pix guy (mostly for technological reasons) but these new guys from NMWA made me go the extra mile

:slayer:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is interesting too. F Vs. P2 last. I do not know if it is due to the Osloer Boot model in P2 with Goyser stiching, but I should have sized down 0.5 in this last compare to F. At least I can wear thick shocks for winter time.

anzo

Reaction score
More sizing "advise": received a pair of size 44G U-last oxfords the other week but they were way too tight over the ball and toe box.
So I flew down to Budapest this Monday to really try on all the lasts I like. Turns out I am a 44.5 in both U and F but a 43.5 in P2. I had read the S-last looks better IRL but it's maybe even more narrow than the U and at the same time longer which just didn't appeal to me.

Sammy - Ascot

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
More sizing "advise": received a pair of size 44G U-last oxfords the other week but they were way too tight over the ball and toe box.
So I flew down to Budapest this Monday to really try on all the lasts I like. Turns out I am a 44.5 in both U and F but a 43.5 in P2. I had read the S-last looks better IRL but it's maybe even more narrow than the U and at the same time longer which just didn't appeal to me.

Hello @anzo how are you?

That's quite a jump from 44.5 in both U and F to a 43.5 in P2 - what model was the P2 on?
Which could explain the 1 size difference.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had read the S-last looks better IRL but it's maybe even more narrow than the U and at the same time longer which just didn't appeal to me.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure the S won't work for me then.

striker

Reaction score
I am between an American D &E width and the S last fits fine. YMMV.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am not usually a big pix guy (mostly for technological reasons) but these new guys from NMWA made me go the extra mile

:slayer:

Considering the size of the photo you posted, I believe you.

Awesome to see those shoes in the wild, though. :cheers:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads