• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am sure that we all like the beautiful Vass shoes from Ascot shoes, but this thread is starting to look like an affiliate thread for Ascot Shoes Inc. Most of the pictures have Ascot Shoes strategically placed to look like advertising. There are other official vendors on this site who are supporting the forum as affiliate members.

Well I think ascot probably does more vass business than any other affiliate on the thread. NMWA has a great selection and shibumi has 2 models. Ascot shows different MTOs. You can't hate on that

jazzsol

Reaction score

Well I think ascot probably does more vass business than any other affiliate on the thread. NMWA has a great selection and shibumi has 2 models. Ascot shows different MTOs. You can't hate on that

That is why Ascot should become an affiliate. The official affiliates are spending money to support the site. I do not hate Ascot and I like Vass shoes. I have a few of them.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is why Ascot should become an affiliate. The official affiliates are spending money to support the site. I do not hate Ascot and I like Vass shoes. I have a few of them.

I think to become an affiliate they would have to stock shoes. I am pretty sure they do a lot of special orders. Regardless they have been extremely helpful and communicative so I will continue to purchase from them.

Thanks. Be sure to post some daytime pics. I'm curious to see how the dark brown compares to cognac pebble.

Will do!

jazzsol

Reaction score

I think to become an affiliate they would have to stock shoes. I am pretty sure they do a lot of special orders. Regardless they have been extremely helpful and communicative so I will continue to purchase from them.

You are wrong in your supposition. Ascot is getting the benefits and exposure of an affiliate without the expense. NMWA is an affiliate but does not have to stock its wares on this site. No one has has asked you to stop buying from Ascot.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are wrong in your supposition. Ascot is getting the benefits and exposure of an affiliate without the expense. NMWA is an affiliate but does not have to stock its wares on this site. No one has has asked you to stop buying from Ascot.

I never accused anyone of stopping me from purchasing. I am just stating my experience. You cant go and purchase for immediate wear/usage from Ascot. Its a service for people to use to purchase special order shoes. Correct me if Im wrong Ascot doesnt stock any shoes in a size run. Its a service because I remember hearing you cant order directly from Vass unless you have had previous orders with them.

jazzsol

Reaction score

I never accused anyone of stopping me from purchasing. I am just stating my experience. You cant go and purchase for immediate wear/usage from Ascot. Its a service for people to use to purchase special order shoes. Correct me if Im wrong Ascot doesnt stock any shoes in a size run. Its a service because I remember hearing you cant order directly from Vass unless you have had previous orders with them.

Ascot is an authorized Vass retailer. Ascot sells in stock RTW shoes on its eBay store and also does MTO.

You are making a distinction that does not exist. There is nothing stopping Ascot from becoming an official affiliate on this site.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ascot is an authorized Vass retailer. Ascot sells in stock RTW shoes on its eBay store and also does MTO.

You are making a distinction that does not exist. There is nothing stopping Ascot from becoming an official affiliate on this site.

I really dont think they sell RTW but I am happy to admit if I am wrong. Nothing is stopping them from becoming an affiliate but I dont see a reason for them to become one.

Regardless back to shoes?
I bought a pair of Carmina black captoe but I find F last fits me best out of all my shoes. If I wanted to order a black what style? Adelaide? Semi Brogue? Keep in mind I want to have 1 black shoe and thats all.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So back to my question for a black shoe would the OEII fill that void that I am looking for?

I think that if you're going to have only one black shoe, it should be simple, or conservative so to speak. My only black shoe is an Old English plain model on the U last.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, ignoring the random attack on Ascot...

Get a plan toe oxford. Or a balmoral.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a pair of Carmina black captoe but I find F last fits me best out of all my shoes. If I wanted to order a black what style? Adelaide? Semi Brogue? Keep in mind I want to have 1 black shoe and thats all.

Technically "right" would be a plain oxford to go with the most formal of outfits. I, however, would take a punch cap toe: still formal enough for 99% of outfits, but a bit more interesting. Old English Plain would be my second choice; Benedikt has a pair in dark green museum calf (which looks black 98% of the time) which is awesome.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads