• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jaggery

Reaction score
Visiting Toronto until this Friday but I will be back next week around Black Friday.

I was looking to get some winter boots, sports coat, trousers, dress shirts, and possibly winter parka.

My initial plan was to head to the Spier and Mckay outlet tomorrow and grab the some of these things. Should I wait till next week to pick up these items during Black Friday sales (assuming there are some). What other places/retailers can you all recommend?

You might check out the ongoing Lipson warehouse sale in Etobicoke, west of downtown. The merchandise and prices at these sales tend to change over time, but they usually have a wide range of Lipson shirts and a more modest collection of Samuelsohn jackets.

Sydney's on Queen West carries a lot of made-in-Canada clothing between their own label and United Stock Dry Goods.

Last edited:

EddieK

Reaction score
What is STC?
Because in Toronto, that's a common abbreviation for Scarborough Town Centre

hrv123

Reaction score
I had the following:
Hollow trees, vibram, toe taps. No exotic leather, no nail monogram etc

I'm thinking USD but hoping CAD.

Does that include duties, shipping, tax, etc?

borbor

Reaction score
I'm thinking USD but hoping CAD.

Does that include duties, shipping, tax, etc?

USD.
and no, it does not.

TBH, now that I think stock 7.5 fits me decent, i'd most likely go with skoak in the future. Only reason i went to the trunk show was so philip can verify whether i need last adjustment.

it's still nowhere near the cost of a pair of yanamigachi.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USD.
and no, it does not.

TBH, now that I think stock 7.5 fits me decent, i'd most likely go with skoak in the future. Only reason i went to the trunk show was so philip can verify whether i need last adjustment.

it's still nowhere near the cost of a pair of yanamigachi.

You are also 7.5?

I requires additional arch support + lower instep. RTW UK7 fits tight on me but instep performs better, UK7.5 certainly requires tongue pad.

MTO with Skoak is probably better for you if you don't need last adjustment, I do believe they don't charge MTO fee on top of the regular price. I need to figure out if I can use my own last if I am MTOing with Skoak

borbor

Reaction score
i think for an oxford i'll ask for higher instep. but i'll cross that bridge later.

skoak has a MTO fee table, on paper it's cheaper than trunk show, but obviously you'd expect prices to be higher for a trunk show especially if they're coming here.

Reaction score
Picked these up at Harry Rosen at the Bloor St. location just today... great deal on these!

Attachments

• 1901968E-4A8E-44CB-BD9D-35180EE9DFA1.jpeg
    1901968E-4A8E-44CB-BD9D-35180EE9DFA1.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 56

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics