• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chambertin

Reaction score
I was just there. There are indeed Corneliani shirts, in a wide range of sizes as well as a few other Corneliani items (saw a suit, overcoats). Everything else is not SF-approved brands though I did see a nice loro piana cashmere jacket in 44L.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just there. There are indeed Corneliani shirts, in a wide range of sizes as well as a few other Corneliani items (saw a suit, overcoats). Everything else is not SF-approved brands though I did see a nice loro piana cashmere jacket in 44L.

What were the non-SF approved brands?

Chambertin

Reaction score
From memory, bugatchi, tombolini, s cohen, strellson, jack victor, weather report, waterville, luciano brandi shirts, brax pants.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From memory, bugatchi, tombolini, s cohen, strellson, jack victor, weather report, waterville, luciano brandi shirts, brax pants.

Speaking for myself, nothing wrong with Strellspn, Jack Victor, and Braxx.

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
Hi guys - whats the consensus these days for re-soling here in Toronto. I had a pair resoled at Nicks a few years ago and while the job was fine I wouldnt say it was neat and tiday. I have a pair of carmina and zegna couture with holes in the soles and would really like a decent job done to keep the aesthetic of the shoes.

Thanks

whirlwynds

Reaction score
Try Gary coakley in London or dan Frappier heels and soles in sudbury

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys - whats the consensus these days for re-soling here in Toronto. I had a pair resoled at Nicks a few years ago and while the job was fine I wouldnt say it was neat and tiday. I have a pair of carmina and zegna couture with holes in the soles and would really like a decent job done to keep the aesthetic of the shoes.

Thanks

Coakleys in London.

Heels n Sole in Sudbury.

Fix em up repairs in Barrie.

Timeless shoe repair in Thunder Bay.

Quick Cobbler in Vancouver.

I have reviews on each of the above. The mail in costs is worth it if you love the shoes.

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
Coakleys in London.

Heels n Sole in Sudbury.

Fix em up repairs in Barrie.

Timeless shoe repair in Thunder Bay.

Quick Cobbler in Vancouver.

I have reviews on each of the above. The mail in costs is worth it if you love the shoes.

Thanks so much. Both London and Barrie are doable.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Check out their pics on Facebook. Just type in their shop names.

Gary Coakley, and Corey Hiltz are great guys to deal with.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would opt for JR leather soles. They are much more durable than most brands. Worth the extra $$$.

toplel

Reaction score
The sales staff are pretty aggressive, and will say anything to make a sale. I usually wait for their warehouse sales at the airport centre and ALWAYS wait for Tom at the cashier. He will always negotiate further.

Most guys on this forum hate Tom's Place. It's not for everyone.

There is a well rehearsed routine where Tom makes his offer & all the staff chime in to say what an incredible deal you're getting.

Cancer imo.

EddieK

Reaction score
There is a well rehearsed routine where Tom makes his offer & all the staff chime in to say what an incredible deal you're getting.

Cancer imo.

I've heard Tom's place can be very salespersony and pushy for sales. Which is not what you want when it comes to buying a suit. That's very different from other higher end menswear stores.

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
I've heard Tom's place can be very salespersony and pushy for sales. Which is not what you want when it comes to buying a suit. That's very different from other higher end menswear stores.
I hate that place with a passion. Sales guy put me in the smallest J. Lindberg and couldn’t tell me if it was half canvassed or not.
The ultimate insult would be to buy a suit from a vintage store in Kensington and have them alter it. Then tell them how much of a deal it was.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cancer imo.

I agree. Their routine(s) are nauseating. But I get it, and don't let their routine get to my head.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads