• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seconding the suggestion for Corey. Actually on my way to see him today.

What shoes need some fixing? Post the shoe Appreciation!

Let Corey know we're talking about him on SF.

chiggyv

Reaction score
What shoes need some fixing? Post the shoe Appreciation!

Let Corey know we're talking about him on SF.

Got a pair of Carmina loafers in that some dialing in size wise. Probably below Corey's skillset but the man knows his way around a pair of shoes.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Cavour in Finland has awesome deals if you buy 3 or more items. Anybody want to join in a purchase to get the discount?

Ties are 30ish USD, made in Italy shirts $59, and their house suits are $276 (fully canvassed and made in Italy).

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Cavour in Finland has awesome deals if you buy 3 or more items. Anybody want to join in a purchase to get the discount?

Ties are 30ish USD, made in Italy shirts $59, and their house suits are $276 (fully canvassed and made in Italy).

Wow, the fully canvassed Italian made suit prices are crazy!

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Interested. What's the deal for 3 or more items?
I recently picked up a cavour hopsack sportscoat and it was quite nice.

Hey guys,

maebach

Reaction score
I know! Let me know if you want to do a joint order.
I'm interested! Let me know when you're buying.

Does anyone know how their jackets fit? I'm a 36R here. Would that translate to 46 Cavour? They have a few 48 suits and if it's slim, it may fit me...

djdanniedee

Reaction score
I usually wear a 36R contemporary in SM neopolitan, can also fit 38R slim as well. The cavour I have is in 38 and fits fuller than both SM but still fits well I feel.

Does anyone know how their jackets fit? I'm a 36R here. Would that translate to 46 Cavour? They have a few 48 suits and if it's slim, it may fit me...

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As above, let me know what you’re getting and I’ll order. Also, all suits have measurements listed.

maebach

Reaction score
I usually wear a 36R contemporary in SM neopolitan, can also fit 38R slim as well. The cavour I have is in 38 and fits fuller than both SM but still fits well I feel.

Interesting. I'm a 36 at SM but its a full fit (I believe its neopolitan). Judging by the sizing I'm closer to a 46, I dont think I want to risk buying a 48 and then have to resell on SF or something. I checked their return policy and T&C and it seems like sale items are included in the free return shipping.

As above, let me know what you’re getting and I’ll order. Also, all suits have measurements listed.

I'll PM you. Thanks for the tip, I measured my suits and think the 48 might be a bit too large for me.

Spex

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions where to find a pair of burgundy or dark brown longwings, or black PTBs locally? You know...the kind with a nice thick sole and substantial welt. Hoping to find pairs that are not in the Alden-price range (meaning not that expensive). Thanks.

yusufhar

Reaction score
I assume we won’t be charged duties on Cavour stuff because of CETA?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions where to find a pair of burgundy or dark brown longwings, or black PTBs locally? You know...the kind with a nice thick sole and substantial welt. Hoping to find pairs that are not in the Alden-price range (meaning not that expensive). Thanks.

Are you willing to buy used? If you know your size for different brands, and their lasts - you can get lucky on eBay or even thrift stores.

For LWBs, I like American or Canadian made Florsheim. Hanover is also a great brand. Vcleat.com has a list of the well made US footwear companies.

For Canadian brands, I look for Dacks, Hartt, John McHale... Any of the pairs made in Canada are extremely well made and are durable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads