• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rixon always has the best stuff.

For alterations, Xavier has a solid reputation.

Rixon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rixon always has the best stuff.

For alterations, Xavier has a solid reputation.

Haha, I wasn't aware I had a reputation.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look him up here.

KWang94

Reaction score
I’d like to ask for a current tailor in Toronto for some basic alterations, but who do you consider to be the best (of the best)?

It’s a pure vicuna jacket from Isaia, so I don’t want to bring it to the average mill. For any inquiries, I’ve toyed with selling it but it’s so soft my heart is touched every time.

Thanks in advance, everyone.
-Rixon

I would recommend Sebastian. He's a little out of the way but the dude is legit. Tower Bespoke is also good.

konix

Reaction score
I’d like to ask for a current tailor in Toronto for some basic alterations, but who do you consider to be the best (of the best)?

It’s a pure vicuna jacket from Isaia, so I don’t want to bring it to the average mill. For any inquiries, I’ve toyed with selling it but it’s so soft my heart is touched every time.

Thanks in advance, everyone.
-Rixon

Ian (towerbespoke) gets my vote, he does great work.

chiggyv

Reaction score
Peal Co is UK made CJ or AS. Their own label is AE or equivalent, all Goodyear welted

I don't believe their line is AE any longer. They dumped AE and Alden to endorse their own Golden Fleece line which is pretty **** for the prices they're asking.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interest check - would anyone be interested in below?
Checking before trying to return.

GG Cannes in Deco Last (not Deco Line)
UK8E
71D86F18-439C-4EC9-87CF-1207EE03FB68.jpeg

EG Protland
UK7.5E

iliamerk

Reaction score
Anybody have any opinion on SuitSupply shoes? They look to be fairly decent quality with Blake stitch construction. Figure they might be a good work dress shoe to add to the rotation. I see they've got some at the $319 price point and some at $479. Would love to hear some opinions and experiences, or comparisons to some other brands.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@iliamerk
I'm not a big fan but they are passable. They look nice but are flimsy, at least the lower priced ones. After some wear, the footbed gets really compacted and feels thin so that you feel pebbles and sidewalk imperfections. Leather/suede is nice, no complains there.

I have/had a couple of shoes and chukkas from the entry line and a pair of boots from the premium line - those hold up much better. After paying full price for two pairs some years ago, I got the other two on sale which made it a good deal.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Full disclaimer, I have never seen or held a pair. BUT $319 to $479 appears to be a lot for a Blake stitched shoe. For that price you would be a less to get a pair of entry level goodyear welted shoe. I do understand there are limitations in toronto with trying on shoes, but I feel it's worth taking a risk on sizing with advice from people on thr forum.

Anybody have any opinion on SuitSupply shoes? They look to be fairly decent quality with Blake stitch construction. Figure they might be a good work dress shoe to add to the rotation. I see they've got some at the $319 price point and some at $479. Would love to hear some opinions and experiences, or comparisons to some other brands.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
FYI Holts is selling Church’s for under $300 again and seems to have added some sizes to their site this morning. Picked up some brown Pembreys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads