• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Go to Paris, NYC, London, Milan and Vienna and see what people wear... this applies to guys and girls. Those are real world class cities.

I have noticed that Europeans tend to dress better than Torontonians through my trips to various cities over there for work. New York certainly has lots of people dressed formally in downtown Manhattan, but I'm not sure I see people outside the UN/banking core dressing that much better than in Toronto. And I haven't been back to NYC since COVID. Will keep my eyes open next year when I'm back there!

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Paris, NYC, London, Milan and Vienna and see what people wear... this applies to guys and girls. Those are real world class cities.
Cool story bro.

Its a known fact that people in the places you listed might be more fashionable - what is the news here?

What is your definition of “dressing properly”? Let’s first establish that. And why does this bother you when you observe Torontonians?

maebach

Reaction score
Was at Robert Jones this afternoon. They dont have any overcoats, but lots of pants, sweaters and suits. I overheard them mention they will put out the summer stuff in January.

I may go back again as I have always wanted a Kiton piece, but some of those price points are hard to justify for me.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was at Robert Jones this afternoon. They dont have any overcoats, but lots of pants, sweaters and suits. I overheard them mention they will put out the summer stuff in January.

I may go back again as I have always wanted a Kiton piece, but some of those price points are hard to justify for me.
appreciate the update - what kinda pricing are we talking here?

BlueSteel

Reaction score
appreciate the update - what kinda pricing are we talking here?

You are probably asking about sticker prices, but in case you meant discount I believe the entire store is 50% off right now.

On sticker prices I can tell you that Edward Green shoes are full-priced at $1500 for the normal models and $1900 for hand-sewn (like the Dover)...so 50% of that.

Other items in the 50% sale - that I made note of - included:

Couple Pal Zileri sport jackets were full-priced about $2000.

A Stile Latino sport jacket was full-priced at about $3300.

A Finamore 1925 Napoli dress shirt was full-priced at $425.

Last edited:

maebach

Reaction score
You are probably asking about sticker prices, but in case you meant discount I believe the entire store is 50% off right now.

On sticker prices I can tell you that Edward Green shoes are full-priced at $1500 for the normal models and $1900 for hand-sewn (like the Dover)...so 50% of that.

Other items in the 50% sale - that I made note of - included:

Couple Pal Zileri sport jackets were full-priced about $2000.

A Stile Latino sport jacket was full-priced at about $3300.

A Finamore 1925 Napoli dress shirt was full-priced at $425.

Yes confirm shirts at $425.

Pants/jeans at $900+. Kiton pants/jeans were ~$1000. Kiton shorts ~$800

Lots of sweaters from Stile Latino, I think in the $500-$800 range.

Does anyone here own any pieces from Stile Latino? Any view on quality?

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't purchased from Robert Jones before - their Inis Meian offerings didn't interest me enough and I never could rationalize an Edward Green purchase - but they were always gracious to me the odd time I walked in. I remember when Crockett and Jones came up in conversation once and one of the owners couldn't help but throw a slight jab at them, which I couldn't help but laugh at. (I wish I remembered what he said!)

I find it impressive in that they're as old school as they come when it comes to their operations, but have been able to operate for so long. 103 years is an amazing run for any business, and I imagine it speaks to how strong their clientele base is.

It's sad to hear that we'll have one less option for "SF-approved" menswear in the city, but at least it seems(?) like they're closing it on their terms.

On a side-note, IIRC they did accept Oxford gift cards (Square One, STC, Yorkdale and a couple of other malls in the GTA) as payment. If you have any lying around, it's worth asking to see if they still take them.

rwtc

Reaction score
Stile Latino's tailoring is okay. Not exceptional. Not really at the pinnacle of a "SF approved" garment.

Kiton jeans and chinos used to get a lot of hate on here, so definitely not SF approved. It was in part fueled by a fellow who wore pink Kiton chinos with a red Ferrari jacket - thread was probably from a decade ago. I'll skip the naming and shaming.

To be fair to Kiton, their winter weight trousers from their most current collection are very, very nice and the cut is much better as well.

ALittlePunchy

Reaction score
Does anybody know of anywhere in the city that sells good ivy or duckbill caps? I'm trying to replace this one from Goorin Bros. but can only seem to find flatcaps around. nN6-eTIdieO1.jpeg

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Yes confirm shirts at $425.

One more point - the Finamore 1925 shirt I saw at $425 full price was from the "cucita a mano" (hand stitched) line with some lovely elements of hand stitching visible.

pyunghwa

Reaction score

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn... wanted to buy my son a nice Schott leather jacket for birthday. Went to Town Moto (shop on Ossington) web page to check what they have and it says they're permanently closed..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads