• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always been baffled about the cobblers in Toronto. Biggest city with arguably the best fashion scene. I won't trust any of the cobblers in Toronto proper. I've seen too many examples of inconsistent work coming from Nick's. I understand there is a team of workers there, which explains the inconsistency. Robs and Novelty also seem to produce results that are concerning.

+1 for Corey at Fix Em Up. I wish he had a drop off spot in the GTA like he does in a few other cities in his neck of the woods. (Not that I don't appreciate you helping me drop a pair of shoes off that time!)

Drzdave58

Reaction score
Depending on your thoughts about them, you can regularly find them at Value Village

Picked up a pair today for $4.99 (Johnson and Murphy), and another one earlier this week for $2.99 (Bally)
Got these at Value Village today for $10 ea.
20220820_104911.jpg

hysteria

Reaction score
What products do you guys use for handwashing?

I know Laundress is popular but the reviews seem very mixed.
Clothes Doctor seems promising but shipping very expensive as it comes from the UK.

I am considering placing an order for Clothes Doctor (and maybe even Laundress) if anyone wants to jump in on a bigger shipping order and save on fees. Particularly for Clothes Doctor, where the shipping fee is $55.

itsmylocker

Reaction score
I have a recently-abandoned Clothes Doctor cart due to that shipping price… would be very interested in sharing an order.

Bersabee

Reaction score
If Garrison Bespoke wasn't already fake bespoke as it is, turns out their owner is a total ******* loony lmao

I know fecal transplants are an actual thing for medical reasons (to develop gut biomes or something), but some of this **** is wacko af.

Bersabee

Reaction score
Just saw this thread - new Brampton-based company.

KWang94

Reaction score
Just saw this thread - new Brampton-based company.

Interesting, looks like their custom option offers some significant handwork. Only downside for me is they're based in Brampton (not easily accessible since I don't have a car).

induere_to

Reaction score
Anyone ever watch the South Park episode where Cartman tricks his vegan girlfriend into eating "Beyond KFC"? But, it wasn't actually a meat substitute after all?

"Luxury" is not a $100 dress shirt. However, a $100 shirt can still be better quality than a $400 'luxury' shirt.

First of all, it's always great seeing new companies pop up locally. I read through their introductory first two pages on their thread and checked out their Instagram. It's still too early to judge as they seem brand new and still have a lot of branding to develop... but here is what stands out to me in my five minutes of research:

'Each garment is tailored to fit perfectly' is a pretty intense boast to claim for a ready-to-wear product.

"we do offer Hand sewn shirts but they are currently offered instore only as they require extensive measurements points from hand drafting the pattern to manually cutting the fabric for precision and hand stitching the panels for a true bespoke shirt experience."

-- On their StyleForum page they seem to describe their in-store Made to Measure program as 'true bespoke' because it's handmade and requires more measurements. As I have tried to clarify over my last several posts: handmade and bespoke have absolutely nothing to do with each other. You can have machine made bespoke, and you can have handmade ready-to-wear. More measurements just means more accuracy, so why wouldn't they offer that for all their programs? (Honestly, it almost sounds like they admitted that their 'made to measure' is really just 'made to order', and that to do actual made to measure you have to visit them in person...)

I work at a bespoke shop that offers locally made, hand-cut, machine-made shirts but they don't offer fittings... so even that's not bespoke. It's locally-made made to measure.

Most important priority should be clarity. This smoke & mirrors nonsense has to stop. The way they describe their options with hand sewn buttonholes and collars does actually sounds pretty interesting. I'd be curious to check it out in person, but throwing the word 'bespoke' around completely pulverizes my curiosity.

If you're using fancy words to sell your product, leave it to me to expose your red flags. If you don't actually know the definition of the words you boast, don't use them to advertise your pseudo-legitimacy.

How many more Cartman-esque salesmen does this city actually have room for?

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any made to measure, Made to order shop in Toronto or GTA is a bespoke shop. If we have 100 bespoke shops that are not bespoke why not welcome another one to the mix!! Look at Garrison Bespoke now they are life altering bespoke after Michael decides to sell bespoke fecal transplants!!
Toronto is a cesspool of bespoke bullshit!!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, looks like their custom option offers some significant handwork. Only downside for me is they're based in Brampton (not easily accessible since I don't have a car).

I would say that based on the owner's experience, that members who have been happy with the work of other affiliate vendors in the same price range, and with a similar model, will more than likely be happy with Larimars.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics