• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goatamous II

Reaction score
Not sure if this is too niche of a request, but building off this cobbler talk, i have a specific item that i need fixed
I need that canvas strap in the middle replaced and i'm not sure who to send them to
My gut reaction is to just reach out to the list above and see if i can get some quotes and see who can take on this work, but curious if anybody has done any work different than resoling.

IMG_20220214_210817.jpg

Last edited:

hysteria

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with a Vibram insert. Do you mean new insole?

I have used, and fully endorse these cobblers that are within driving distance:

Corey Hiltz - Fix em up shoe repair in Barrie

Pablo Hadarits - Dimar shoe repair in Guelph

If you have a few items to ship out, try:

Martin Sugg - Timeless shoe repair in Thunder Bay

Dan Frappier - Heels n soles in Sudbury

Gary Coakley - Coakleys in London

Pat or Ron Nijdam - Quick Cobbler in Vancouver - ask that Ron or Pat personally do the work

Andrew Morden - Ambros shoe repair in Saskatoon

I have separate threads on each above cobbler that have pics of their works. But here is a general one covering them all: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...and-jr-rendenbach.533657/page-8#post-11124836

If you'd like, and you're not in a rush, I'm going to send a few items to Pablo Hadarits in Guelph in the future. If you'd like, leave your stuff with me, and it will save you the trip out there, or save the shipping. You'll have to communicate with Pablo directly about the work to be done, and payment. DM if you'd like.

I've always been baffled about the cobblers in Toronto. Biggest city with arguably the best fashion scene. I won't trust any of the cobblers in Toronto proper. I've seen too many examples of inconsistent work coming from Nick's. I understand there is a team of workers there, which explains the inconsistency. Robs and Novelty also seem to produce results that are concerning.

I'm sad to hear that Rob is overcharging.

Thanks for the list.
When I mean Vibram insert, I mean add a topy layer on the leather sole along with metal taps.
NOrmally, I'd have the maker do it, but I wasn't sure if I'd have to return this pair and if sizing would be ok, which is why now I'm stuck finding someone in TO to add the layer of topy and taps to protect the sole and for grip.
Those are all far...but Guelph may be the "closest" lol. I aprpeciate your offer. I"ll think about it and get back to you.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the list.
When I mean Vibram insert, I mean add a topy layer on the leather sole along with metal taps.
NOrmally, I'd have the maker do it, but I wasn't sure if I'd have to return this pair and if sizing would be ok, which is why now I'm stuck finding someone in TO to add the layer of topy and taps to protect the sole and for grip.
Those are all far...but Guelph may be the "closest" lol. I aprpeciate your offer. I"ll think about it and get back to you.

I call that a rubber half sole. Lots of choices. DM if you're interested.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rob charged me $50 for these:

You tell me if that's a rip off

I'm not rubbing it in. But Staples sells 6 pack for $122 and free shipping. I buy from them or Harry Rosen outlet during sales.

NickInTO

Reaction score
If anyone in the KW area wants a pair of Killshot 2’s, the Nike outlet in Kitchener has a ton. 47D7651A-5536-44B1-9AD5-7EEA4816AF75.jpeg

rwtc

Reaction score
I'm not rubbing it in. But Staples sells 6 pack for $122 and free shipping. I buy from them or Harry Rosen outlet during sales.

I recall you posting about this from years(?) before haha. The trees were for my wife's shoes and for the sake of convenience I just got them. He had other people in the store so I didn't want to make him look bad. But honestly speaking it seems like my confidence and trust in Rob over the years were misplaced, so I won't be going again. It's not so much about the money.... it's a matter of professional integrity.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s amazing to me how people will overpay and knowingly be gouged because they fear how they will be viewed by others…..wow

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You seem to ignore my questions about these. What is sizing on them?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, Nordstrom sells them. That's where I got my last pair but I'm in need of two more. $50 for a damn shoe tree?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on your thoughts about them, you can regularly find them at Value Village

Picked up a pair today for $4.99 (Johnson and Murphy), and another one earlier this week for $2.99 (Bally)
Crazy deals

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads