• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jesuisjesuis

Reaction score
Fellas, any recommendations for a tailor who can shorten some delicate shirting?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few AE boots rebuilds by Quick Cobbler in Vancouver. Wedges are so comfortable and perfect for my WFH collection.

received_566584265189910.jpeg
received_631488518227188.jpeg
received_748434536275006.jpeg
received_315513260735937.jpeg
received_826888178688928.jpeg
received_596003971936755.jpeg
received_1989571111252654.jpeg
received_1037659226912951.jpeg

Drzdave58

Reaction score
A few AE boots rebuilds by Quick Cobbler in Vancouver. Wedges are so comfortable and perfect for my WFH collection.

View attachment 1821829 View attachment 1821830 View attachment 1821831 View attachment 1821832 View attachment 1821833 View attachment 1821834 View attachment 1821835 View attachment 1821836
Quick cobbler did a couple pairs of Grant Stone boots for me. They are very good. I may give Dimar shoe repair in Guelph a try next time tho.

whirlwynds

Reaction score

View attachment 1821829 View attachment 1821830 View attachment 1821831 View attachment 1821832 View attachment 1821833 View attachment 1821834 View attachment 1821835 View attachment 1821836
Very nice work. What makes wedge soles so comfortable? More even distribution of weight?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick cobbler did a couple pairs of Grant Stone boots for me. They are very good. I may give Dimar shoe repair in Guelph a try next time tho.

Dimar has done a few pairs for me. Also excellent work.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice work. What makes wedge soles so comfortable? More even distribution of weight?

Yeah, the distribution of weight. And no space between heel and sole. It really makes a huge difference. Esthetic wise, not as pleasing.

whirlwynds

Reaction score
Yeah, the distribution of weight. And no space between heel and sole. It really makes a huge difference. Esthetic wise, not as pleasing.
and what about the vi-flex vs the morflex sole. what difference do you notice there with the sipes or channels vs the monopiece?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and what about the vi-flex vs the morflex sole. what difference do you notice there with the sipes or channels vs the monopiece?

I'll let you know once I get them back.

hysteria

Reaction score
Hey all, where do you like to take your expensive shoes for vibram insert and metal taps?
I hear Nick's has become very sloppy these days and Rob's is not great either :(

rwtc

Reaction score
Rob's in all honesty is pretty good for a French topy, but recently he's been ripping me off by over charging me so I am looking to never go back.

Nick took the piss on a pair of very expensive shoes so also never looking back.

Realistically I'm going to use one of suitforcourt's options going forward

hysteria

Reaction score
Rob's in all honesty is pretty good for a French topy, but recently he's been ripping me off by over charging me so I am looking to never go back.

Nick took the piss on a pair of very expensive shoes so also never looking back.

I'm not familiar with suitforcourt's optoins. Would you be able to elaborate?
Kinda ridiculous how we can't find anyone reliable in Toronto to do such a simple job.

rwtc

Reaction score
He has another thread for cobblers in Ontario and he gave very comprehensive reviews of them, don't recall offhand the thread name

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all, where do you like to take your expensive shoes for vibram insert and metal taps?
I hear Nick's has become very sloppy these days and Rob's is not great either :(

I'm not familiar with suitforcourt's optoins. Would you be able to elaborate?
Kinda ridiculous how we can't find anyone reliable in Toronto to do such a simple job.
He has another thread for cobblers in Ontario and he gave very comprehensive reviews of them, don't recall offhand the thread name

I'm not familiar with a Vibram insert. Do you mean new insole?

I have used, and fully endorse these cobblers that are within driving distance:

Corey Hiltz - Fix em up shoe repair in Barrie

Pablo Hadarits - Dimar shoe repair in Guelph

If you have a few items to ship out, try:

Martin Sugg - Timeless shoe repair in Thunder Bay

Dan Frappier - Heels n soles in Sudbury

Gary Coakley - Coakleys in London

Pat or Ron Nijdam - Quick Cobbler in Vancouver - ask that Ron or Pat personally do the work

Andrew Morden - Ambros shoe repair in Saskatoon

I have separate threads on each above cobbler that have pics of their works. But here is a general one covering them all: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...and-jr-rendenbach.533657/page-8#post-11124836

If you'd like, and you're not in a rush, I'm going to send a few items to Pablo Hadarits in Guelph in the future. If you'd like, leave your stuff with me, and it will save you the trip out there, or save the shipping. You'll have to communicate with Pablo directly about the work to be done, and payment. DM if you'd like.

I've always been baffled about the cobblers in Toronto. Biggest city with arguably the best fashion scene. I won't trust any of the cobblers in Toronto proper. I've seen too many examples of inconsistent work coming from Nick's. I understand there is a team of workers there, which explains the inconsistency. Robs and Novelty also seem to produce results that are concerning.

I'm sad to hear that Rob is overcharging.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads